Mechanical Engineer Industrial Placement 2021
During your one year Industrial Placement you can expect to develop your technical skills and gain an understanding of commercial applications of science and technology. You will benefit from the support of an allocated mentor and you will be part of a collaborative team developing mechanical designs for a range of exciting product applications in the consumer, healthcare and industrial sectors.
You will likely be involved in all aspects of product development - from concept, to analysis, to prototype design and transfer to manufacture. This is an opportunity for you to gain an insight into what it is like working in a technical consultancy and vital commercial experience towards your future career.
Please ensure that you have included your A-level grades (or equivalent) on your CV.
We will be reviewing applications and interviewing on an ongoing basis. The closing date for applications is 30th November 2020.
- Must be studying for a Mechanical Engineering degree from a top university and looking for a 1 year placement
- Grade As in related ‘A’ Levels preferred, with a minimum of Grade A in Maths
- Conscientious and diligent when set a task
- Analytical and innovative capabilities
- Able to work collaboratively to short timescales whilst maintaining an excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivating and confident to work without close supervision
- A drive to learn a wide range of engineering principles and explore new areas
- Basic understanding of test methodologies
- Demonstrable interest in mechanical engineering outside of formal education
We are an employee owned company with our staff at the centre of our strategy. Employee ownership allows us to maintain full control over the direction of our business and our creative culture.
We hire people with a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for design, engineering and science so if you’re the type of person who fills their spare time designing and making things, then we’d love to know.
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas you receive;
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 12% non-contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- Social activities