Antibody Therapeutics Industrial Placement 2021
Here at Cancer Research UK, our understanding of cancer is increasing at a faster pace than ever before, and more people are surviving thanks to the work we do.
The Cancer Research UK AstraZeneca Antibody Alliance Laboratory (Alliance Lab) is a unique laboratory where scientists from both organisations work side by side to develop novel antibody therapeutics and diagnostics for oncology. The Alliance Lab has a diverse and experienced team comprised of antibody engineers, protein scientists and oncology cell biologists. We work in collaboration with leading scientists in the UK and abroad to develop new medicines and biomarkers.
Here at the Alliance Lab, we’re offering a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience and training within a world class drug discovery research environment. Our placement will provide you with an exciting opportunity to develop key skills, which will help to open doors to future careers within this industry. During the year, chosen candidates will be provided with training, mentorship and exposure to key roles in drug development and pharmaceutical research.
Our placements last for 50 weeks, with negotiable start dates between July and September 2021. If you’re a motivated life sciences student, with an interest in drug development and oncology, then this is your opportunity to gain invaluable experience working within the pharmaceutical sector. Please note that this role is laboratory based.
We expect you to have...
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good team work skills
- A keen eye for detail and time management skills
- You must be in your 2nd year of undergraduate study at university. Please note that applications from graduates and PhD students will NOT be considered for this scheme.
- You should expect to receive a 2:1 or grade B in your second year results in a biological or biomedical science degree.
- You should have 3 A levels (or equivalent) grade B and above (preferably one in a biological science).
- You should be able to commence work between July and September 2021 (the start date is negotiable).