EMEA Digital Operations Placement 2021
An opportunity exists for a talented, enthusiastic and dynamic student to work for Canon, a leading Global brand, as an Intern, as part of a sandwich or gap year. You will form part of the Digital Operations Team, responsible for websites and apps across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Working within the Digital Operations group, you will support the Experience Optimisation team to analyse and improve key B2B and B2C user journeys across our websites, apps and other key digital platforms, through the use of data analysis, user and A/B testing techniques, measurement & reporting. In addition to your core responsibilities, you will also monitor search performance, make incremental improvements and support the delivery of paid search campaigns, to ensure the efficiency & effectiveness of our search channels.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
Work with the Experience Optimisation Team to identify key user journeys. Analyse these journeys for areas for opportunity/improvement and recommend possible actions to deliver against these improvements.
Run in-house A/B and multivariate tests on behalf of the Experience Optimisation Team, on areas such as navigation, designs, content and functionality, each month by:
- Identifying test areas based on user feedback and data analysis
- Developing hypotheses
- Setting up and running tests using testing tools
- Monitoring in-flight tests until a conclusion is reached
- Analyzing test results and declaring a result
- Reporting of results back to key stakeholders
- Working with the business to deploy winning tests to live
Work with our test agency to develop and run more complex A/B and multivariate tests, including reporting of results back to key stakeholders and deploying winning tests to live
Work with the Analytics and Optimisation Specialist to compile and measure data from multiple digital sources to create measurement dashboards. Ensure reports are accurate and up-to-date. Cascade reports to key stakeholder groups across the business and our National Sales Organisations (NSOs)
- Work with the Analytics and Optimisation Specialist to analyse web/app data, provide reports and generate insights to be actioned by the business and Digital Ops team
- Support the Search Specialists with ongoing site search monitoring and tuning, based on customer data
- Attend & help facilitate meetings with our User Experience, Optimisation, Search and other Digital agencies, and Canon internal teams
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
No specific experience of any of the above is required as much of the learning/development will be ‘on the job’, working with specialists in their fields however candidates should
- Be passionate about digital
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Have an analytical approach to their work
- Be organized and able to manage their own time effectively
- Have an ambition to learn & develop digital skills
- A basic knowledge of digital marketing concepts/best practice
- Be proficient in the use of Excel
- Be fluent English (other languages are desirable)
- Additionally, any previous experience of the following would be an advantage but absolutely not essential
- Digital/Web User Interface/User Experience principles
- Knowledge/experience of Google Analytics
- Managing your own blog/website
- Using data to create insights
You will need
Act as a Team player Communicate effectively Focus on the customer Apply Strategic thinking Plan and Organise effectively
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.