Junior Project Manager 2021
Canon UK are looking for talented people to join us at an exciting time for our business, as we enter into a period of accelerated growth and development.
Do you have the skills and aptitude we’re looking for? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for an organisation that values your contribution and rewards you accordingly? If the answer is yes, please read on…
You will be managing one or several projects to deliver projects consisting of services, software and/or hardware to new and existing customers.
Using you Project Management skills and experience, you will work with a wider project team to ensure project deliverables are provided against the project plan and objectives - cost, scope, quality, time, benefits and risks.
If you enjoy working with a diverse range of customer from varying sectors, have a can-do attitude, want to work for an amazing company and brand, then this is a great opportunity to develop you career.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
The role gives you an excellent opportunity to develop and hone your Project Management skills, you will take responsibility for ensuring that your projects deliver against the key metrics; time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits.
You will have the opportunity to use our templates to plan and organizes resources, measures achievement against goals and makes appropriate decisions to ensure that the project delivers the benefits defined in the Business Case. Use a governance structure and plan to manage all the dependencies in the project.
Throughout this role you will develop your risk management, issue and change control, and project communication skills to ensure our customer get the best possible experience.
As part of your day to day activities you will manages stakeholders and stakeholder engagement. Have the opportunity to lead and motivates the project team, providing guidance and direction as required.
Using your excellent communication skills, you will manage the information flow between project members using the most appropriate method of communication; conference calls, face to face meetings, emails. Thus, ensuring that roles and responsibilities of team members are clearly defined and agreed. You will learn to initiate corrective action where necessary and advises the Project Board of any deviations from the plan.
Documentation and templates are key in running projects well, you will use our templates to create project documentation, gaining authorization from key stakeholders as required. This includes Project Initiation Documents, Project Plans, Highlight reports and Closure Report.
As you advance in this role and understand the Canon commercial models you will help maintain and increase profitability of projects, both through change control and managing the scope.
Self-Development is important at Canon, you will be encouraged to take further training to develop your skills that may be needed to become successful in the role - with the support and guidance of your Team Leader.
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- You are already working within projects as a Junior Project Manager, Project Analyst or Project Support.
- You are enthusiastic, passionate, committed to excellence and success, have an ability to motivate a team and be self-motivated.
- You are looking for the next step in becoming a Project Manager or looking for further experience in a new role, you can also demonstrate many of the skills needed to succeed in this field.
- We ask that you have PRINCE2 Foundation accreditation (or equivalent). Experience of working in Project Office and using project delivery methodologies.
- We would love you to also have experience/knowledge of working in the print industry and or a Professional Services team, but it is not essential.
You will need
As the Junior Project Manager,you will possess the following skills and expertise;
- To be a team player who enjoys being part of a team, supporting and leading as needed. Shares knowledge and expertise. A relationship builder who doesn’t take all the credit for the team’s success.
- Be a creative problem solver who brings new ideas and finds ways of overcoming obstacles. An open mind that feeds your curiosity. Keen to learn. Sparkes of innovation that challenge the status quo but not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do it the same way as last time if that is what is needed.
- Goes the extra mile of internal and external customers. Delivers great work. Takes ownership and accountability. There’s no “but” in the way you work!
- Pay – Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against similar roles and reviewed annually.
- Bonus – A discretionary bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
- Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing – Free private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
- Some other Benefits – Generous Pension, Canon Awards, Discount cards, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and charity volunteer days.
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.