Conduct Analyst London 2022
Canopius is a global specialty lines (re)insurer. We are one of the top 10 insurers in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market with offices in the UK, US, Singapore, Australia and Bermuda.
To assist with the implementation and ongoing development of the first line defence Conduct Risk Framework to enable Canopius to demonstrate compliance with the FCA and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- In conjunction with the Conduct manager, helping Underwriters ensure they are at all times acting in accordance with the Conduct Risk Framework and Product Governance Policy;
- To act as a referral point to the business on conduct risk related queries;
- Assisting with conduct risk Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) and policy wording reviews and making recommendations to underwriters where changes are required from a customer outcomes perspective;
- Assisting underwriters and other operational teams with product testing as required;
- Assisting underwriters during product governance reviews to ensure customer outcomes have been appropriately considered and assessed and that the product provides fair value;
- Assist the underwriters, DUM Team, Claims Teams and Complaints Teams with completing coverholder and Delegated Claims Authority (DCA) onboarding and renewals from a customer outcomes perspective to ensure conduct risks are appropriately overseen and mitigated;
- Reviewing consistency and quality of responses to coverholder and DCA onboarding along with renewal question sets for accuracy and completeness prior to approval
- Assisting with the delivery of Conduct Risk Training to all relevant employees;
- Undertaking Quality Assurance (QA) reviews in relation to the Conduct Risk Framework and open market underwriting to ensure internal processes are being adhered to and customers are receiving fair outcomes;
- Creation and collation of Product Management Information (MI) dashboard, to be reported at the Conduct Oversight Group;
- Creation and collation of the Lloyd’s Y4847 MI; and
- Creation of Conduct Oversight Group packs and agenda
Skills and experience
- FCA / Conduct knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the Lloyd’s market
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to identify compliance requirements and embed them into business processes
- Proactive and personable approach
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to communicate at all levels
Canopius is a global specialty lines (re)insurer. We are one of the leading insurers in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market with offices in the UK, US, Singapore, Australia and Bermuda.
At Canopius we foster a distinctive, positive culture which enables us to bring our whole selves to work to flourish as people, and build a business which delivers profitable, sustainable results.
Based in incredible new offices in the heart of the City of London, Canopius operates a flexible, hybrid working model and is committed to providing an environment that challenges employees to be their best and where everyone's unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected.
We offer all employees a comprehensive benefits package that focuses on their whole wellbeing. Canopius’ market-leading proposition offers financial, physical, social and psychological health and wellbeing benefits to ensure we create a working experience which gives everyone the freedom to do their best work.
We are fully committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made regardless of age, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, religion or beliefs, marital or caring status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage and welcome applicants from all diverse backgrounds.
We make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process and during employment. Please let us know if you require any information in an alternate format or any other reasonable adjustments.