Graduate Technology Specialist 2021
Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. We provide IT solutions to organisations around the world, so they can become more agile, more competitive and more successful within their industry. Supporting our clients delivering successful cross-organisational transformations within one of Capgemini’s largest global accounts. We put people at the forefront of any change, whether this is incremental or transformational styles of change management.
As a global SAP partner, Capgemini is one of the largest and most experienced SAP systems integrators. As you’d expect, our functional applications specialist are highly skilled individuals who are integral to the delivery of every IT solution. Here, smart and often groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so too is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking.
Join us and you’ll enjoy a multi-faceted role where building client relationships, identifying opportunities and implementing solutions is key.
The Focus of Your Role
As a SAP Functional Application Specialist you will part of a team that supports different streams of work. Whether it’s providing application management support within the Live Services team or delivery work through the Project team, this role requires sound knowledge of the specific, implemented SAP module. You’ll hone your expertise through frequent use of the system, as well as training and guidance from our senior SAP consultants.
You’ll find this is an extremely dynamic role with opportunities to develop functional and technical expertise, as well as the client facing soft skills you need to excel in IT consulting.
As a SAP Functional Application Specialist, you will be expected to:
- Gain knowledge and expertise in specific SAP modules
- Support the Live Services team by:
- Resolving incidents identified by end users
- Working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future
- Working with the development team to implement fixes
- Reporting to service delivery managers on deliverables
- Support the Project team by:
- Attending and facilitating workshops
- Working with the client to clarify requirements
- Creating/updating project documentation
- Testing new developments
- Understanding the project lifecycle and agile methodology
What you’ll bring
- We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams.
- Further to that we would like: A bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science or Business Information Systems, although it’s not essential, we have found that Finance, HR or Business graduates do well in the Functional roles.
- Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to interpret data and information, so that you can provide your clients and team with meaningful insights.
- Brilliant communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills which you’ll use to engender trust in client relationships, and to build supportive and productive team relationships
- Plenty of drive, curiosity and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
- Passion for technology, desire to build an IT/SAP career, flair for solving problems, strong analytical skills
What we’ll offer you
- We may be one of the world’s top consulting, technology and outsourcing organisations, with more than 190,000 people in over 40 countries. But we still have big ambitions – and we’ll rely on you to help us achieve them
- Professional development. Accelerated career progression. Long-term career progression, in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you
- With us, you’ll have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business change knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You’ll have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
- So, expect the training, support and challenge you need to capitalise on what makes you special – and to be able to confidently pursue the career path that most inspires you
- It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
- Location on the South Coast, just a stone’s throw away from the beach, and we’re located next to a mainline station, with great transport links into Brighton’s vibrant centre, offering ample parking and an onsite gym
- We arrange many local social events, giving you access to Worthing’s large graduate community
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we’ll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you’ll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, to beach cleans, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become all the more outstanding when ingenuity is applied to a thought-process. And we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 200,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of, at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.