Becoming an Associate Creative Designer with Capita Consultancy
This 18-month structured graduate programme will see you work with inspirational industry leaders to build technical skill, business knowledge and core soft skills in order to become one of our future leaders. You’ll be trusted with high level responsibility and client interaction as you work on innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We’ll support you every step of the way with continuous feedback, leading training and regular coaching and mentoring as part of your personal development and feedback.
As an Associate Creative Designer, you’ll gain exposure to all key disciplines within creative design and become a supporting member of the team. As part of a cohort of graduates, you’ll have regular social events to attend. Please note: this graduate programme may involve travel away from your main office, so you’ll need to be happy occasionally staying over when required.
What you’ll be doing
Sitting within the Design team, you will:
- Deliver the most suitable design solutions to meet user needs, business needs and reflect known constraints.
- Collaborate with other creative designers, UXers, Developers and QA to arrive at the most suitable solution quickly.
- Conduct heuristic reviews of current sites or services to inform design direction.
- Interoperate user flows and information architecture (IA) into high fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Produce high quality deliverables that clearly communicate rationale, in an easy to understand and compelling manner.
- Present creative ideas to members of the team and clients.
What we’re looking for
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in design, HCI, research, multimedia, product design, psychology, web development or a related field or relative industry experience with self-learning.
- Proven understand of creative/digital design guiding principles and best practice.
- The ability to design for user needs and some knowledge of accessibility standards, implementation techniques and testing.
- Good knowledge of IA, user task flows and applicable research activities that can inform IA.
- A motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ideally, proven experience as a creative designer or similar.
About Capita Consultancy
Capita Consultancy is at the forefront of innovation in digital, data analytics and AI, improving the lives of UK citizens and enhancing the performance of our enterprise clients across public and private sectors. Joining the Capita Consultancy Graduate Programme will be an opportunity to unleash your brilliance and a make a real difference to the lives of people around you. We are disrupting the consulting industry. We continue to grow and we need fantastic people and top talent to join our exciting journey and have some fun!
Capita Consultancy are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary + benefits
- 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita, in particular in our Consulting division in our innovative and technology hubs. You’ll be joining a network of experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next
Choose ‘Apply now’ to submit your CV and a short supporting statement, so that we can find out more about you. Please include your extracurricular activities and additional responsibilities and you will need to attach a short submission responding to the following question in no more than 500 words: ‘why do you want to work for Capita Consulting and what interests you about the profession?’
There is also the opportunity for you to attach your portfolio of work, should you wish to showcase this as part of your application. If you’re successful there will be a telephone or video interview, followed by an assessment centre comprised of a face-to-face interview, group exercise, written exercise and presentation.