Becoming a Developer with Capita Consultancy
This 18-month structured graduate programme will see you work with inspirational industry leaders to build technical skill, business knowledge and core soft skills in order to become one of our future leaders. You’ll be trusted with high level responsibility and client interaction as you work on innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We’ll support you every step of the way with continuous feedback, leading training and regular coaching and mentoring as part of your personal development and feedback.
As a Developer, you’ll assist building applications for a number of high profile clients. Using agile methods, you’ll be involved in every element of development from service design, to code build, test, maintenance and support. Please note: this graduate programme may involve travel away from your main office, so you’ll need to be happy occasionally staying over when required.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll sit within the delivery team, alongside development, QA and DevOps engineers and work with consulting teams from research, design and service design to deliver excellent products you’re your customers. You will:
- Write well structured, beautiful and effective code that is accessible and fully compliant to web standards.
- Build prototypes, write tests, code and documentation.
- Be exposed to platform architectures and learn from integrated teams.
- Develop customer web applications on time and to budget.
- Provide and work to timescales.
- Learn how to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
What we’re looking for
- A degree, ideally in software engineering
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern frameworks, such as REACT, Angular, Symphony and Play
- Knowledge of SCRUM practices and ceremonies
- Experience and knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON
- Previous experience using version control software such as Git
- Good understanding of Accessibility best practices and principles
About Capita Consultancy
Capita Consultancy is at the forefront of innovation in digital, data analytics and AI, improving the lives of UK citizens and enhancing the performance of our enterprise clients across public and private sectors. Joining the Capita Consultancy Graduate Programme will be an opportunity to unleash your brilliance and a make a real difference to the lives of people around you. We are disrupting the consulting industry. We continue to grow and we need fantastic people and top talent to join our exciting journey and have some fun!
Capita Consultancy are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary + benefits.
- 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita, in particular in our Consulting division in our innovative and technology hubs. You’ll be joining a network of experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next
Choose ‘Apply now’ to submit your CV and a short supporting statement, so that we can find out more about you. Please include your extracurricular activities and additional responsibilities and you will need to attach a short submission responding to the following question in no more than 500 words: ‘why do you want to work for Capita Consulting and what interests you about the profession?’ There is also the opportunity for you to attach your portfolio of work, should you wish to showcase this as part of your application. If you’re successful there will be a telephone or video interview, followed by an assessment centre comprised of a face-to-face interview, group exercise, written exercise and presentation.