Fera is a joint venture partnership between Capita and Defra, working proactively to improve global food security, sustainability and safety. As a national and international centre of excellence for interdisciplinary investigation and problem solving, we work on plant and bee health, crop protection, sustainable agriculture, food and feed quality and chemical safety in the environment. Join our ambitious team here and you’ll help respond to the most pressing challenges in the industry.
FERA are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for an intern to join the fast paced and busy finance team based at our Sand Hutton site. This is a fantastic chance for a current university student looking to undertake a year in business as part of their course, gaining exposure to the full finance lifecycle and developing skills in a hands on position.
The role will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to come into an established finance team to help with the day to running of the business from a financial perspective and gain industry experience of what is it like to work in a finance function. Training will be provided to ensure all tasks can be completed but the experience listed below would benefit the successful applicant. Tasks will include:
What you’ll be doing
- Management accounting process including posting journals, reconciliations etc.
- Preparation of Management Information and other Financial reports.
- Cost Analysis.
- Revenue Analysis.
- Assistance in the development of financial analysis reporting to improve the businesses ability to monitor performance.
What we’re looking for
- In the process of studying for a finance or business related subject
- A keen interest in a career in finance after graduating
- Experience of using Excel for analysing data. Comfortable using pivot tables, v lookups etc.
- Basic understanding of financial / accounting principles
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary £17,000 - £19,000
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Situated just outside of the beautiful city of York, Fera staff enjoy a purpose-built facility with state of the art facilities, a 41-place nursery, onsite gym, staff restaurant and parking.
- The site is just 7 miles from the historic city centre with its excellent transport links and varied attractions, and within easy commuting distance of the many thriving Yorkshire towns and villages that are situated around the city.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.