Graduate Building Surveyor Newcastle 2021
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Due to continuing growth vacancies have arisen for Graduate Building Surveyors in our Blackburn and North Tyneside offices. The successful candidates will join long established multi-disciplinary teams and work alongside other graduates and more senior professionals.
The workload will be varied and will cover a multitude of sectors.
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will be expected to;
- Assist with developing detailed briefs in conjunction with the client and senior colleagues
- Carry out site surveys (including measured surveys, condition surveys & defect analysis)
- Carry out design and specification work and assist with preparing tender information
- Assist with administering building contracts
- Undertake all aspects of professional surveying work (including Condition Surveys, Specific Defect Analysis, PW work, dilapidations, Access Audits & FRA’s)
- Liaise with Clients, Contractors & other consultants (internal and external)
There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you and our clients. The company invests heavily in its people, recognising that its staff members are its most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.
What we’re looking for
- BSc in Building Surveying or equivalent
- Working towards the APC Final Assessment with RICS or CIOB
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with Clients and colleagues
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good AutoCAD and/or REVIT skills
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work and willingness to travel/stay away from home for short periods as may be required.
- Team player
- IT literate
Capita Property and Infrastructure Ltd is part of Capita PLC and is one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management and infrastructure sectors. We’re also a market leader in strategic public/private partnerships with local authorities.
Capita PLC has over 63,000 staff offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The enormous breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you’d like to ask before applying, you can contact Charlotte Barnett @ email@example.com
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.