Capita Local Government is looking for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join our team based in Oxford, working on one of our key local government partnerships with Oxfordshire County Council. Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) has appointed Carillion / Capita to be its Property and Facilities Management partner on a 10 year commission, which is currently in year 4. As part of this partnership Capita provide consultancy services covering project management, building surveying and asset management
You will be a graduate QS with some post qualification experience, joining our multi disciplined office based in Oxford. You will join a thriving business unit and will assist in the delivery of cost management advice on projects primarily within the public sector, encompassing Educational Capital works and general repairs to existing buildings.
What you will do
- Estimating and cost planning
- Tendering and procurement
- Measurement of BQ’s etc
- Completion of contract documents
- Post contract works
- Negotiation to final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants
- Required to monitor the costs of projects and their progress in relation to the programme
- Ensure corporate procurement proceudres are adhered to
- Observe Health & Safety provision in the worknig environment
- Participate in APC training, working towards becoming a MRICS chartered.
Your experience will include
- Good technical grounding in all main areas of cost management
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying – working towards RICS status
- Good knowledge of procurement
- Knowledge and understanding of value engineering
- Experience in using industry standard processes and systems (IT (Microsoft) and other)
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.