Graduate Quantity Surveyor 2021
Join us as a graduate quantity surveyor and you’ll help make sure we’re able to financially support water and wastewater infrastructure around the UK. We’re a friendly and professional team, always open to new perspectives and looking for ways to collaborate. Get your career off to a great start as you combine your academic knowledge with practical experience as a graduate civil engineer. We’ll help you along the way with mentorship, networking opportunities, training and support to becoming chartered with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. Your start date will be August / September 2021. We’ll do all we can to help you adapt to this new way of working. We expect you'll move back to office working sometime in 2021, and when this happens be assured we'll offer all the help and guidance needed to make this transition as easy as possible for you. Apply now and help to shape the next generation of places where people can prosper.
What you’ll be doing
- assisting the Cost Management Team on multi-million pound infrastructure projects in reporting to the client, ensuring a high level of technical, financial and commercial control is always maintained
- working as part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking cost duties as appropriate for feasibility studies, design, planning, procurement and construction stage cost management
- assisting with the development of tender documents, schedules of work and cost plans including risk forecasting and cost/value management
- attending team meetings and site visits where required
- assisting with project cost control through forecasting outturns and preparing financial reports
- processing interim applications for payment & final account review
- supporting senior surveyors in all aspects of project delivery
What we’re looking for
- a BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying
- good written and oral communication skills
- the ability to manage your own time and meet challenging deadlines
- a good team player
- a desire to progress in the field of Cost Management/Quantity Surveying
- the motivation and desire to work towards a chartership for the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
About Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure, we create places where people can prosper.
Today, critical infrastructure and public building projects need to be sustainable and environmentally appropriate. They must deliver value for the people that will use them - local communities and businesses - for decades to come. The wide range of demands requires a more holistic approach to design. That’s where we come in.
Our clients rely on our commitment to understanding their challenges and finding smarter solutions, and a broad range of experts offering a distinctively diverse set of skills. Our leadership team, who are practitioners themselves, understand what it takes to deliver.
Our culture is built on over 100 years of delivering excellence and creating solutions for critical infrastructure challenges. This enables us to provide a different perspective and approach; one based on what our clients need and can afford.
From engineering and architectural innovation to environmental sustainability and technologically enabled project delivery, we are renowned for our breadth of expertise and holistic, collaborative approach.
We’re a unique team specializing in infrastructure and buildings; the physical networks which keep the country moving and the places where people and communities can prosper.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
- You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita.
You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.