Junior Quantity Surveyor 2021
An excellent opportunity for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join Capita Infrastructure’s team in Belfast. The individual will be part of a team providing and managing quantity surveying services on a range of projects. You will have the responsibility for full cost management of multi-million-pound pre and post contract works including reporting to clients. Reporting to the client to ensure that a high level of technical, financial, and commercial control is always maintained on projects.
The individual will also work as part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking the cost management activities for feasibility studies along with the design, planning, procurement, and construction stage phases of projects.
The ideal candidate will be confident, articulate, ambitious and possess excellent written and oral communication skills with a desire to progress in the field of Quantity Surveying. Candidates will be keen to progress and undertake additional job-specific training.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with both our own internal PM’s and design teams and external consultants.
- To ensure contracts are administered correctly and regular reporting to Company senior cost management team.
- Dealing with all aspects of cost management and project team where appropriate
- To regularly liaise and build relationships with colleagues ensuring consistency of service delivery.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of clients, competitors, client care policy.
- To mentor and support staff including trainees and graduates in their professional development
- Standard of work to meet and follow the quality standards of Capita Company polices and that expected of a Chartered RICS (OR equivalent) Surveyor
- Represent the Company in a professional and diligent manner and form strong working relationships with colleagues and Clients.
What we’re looking for
- BSc/MSc in Quantity Surveying or other relevant business discipline
- Chartered Surveyor (RICS or equivalent)
- Construction industry experience
- Pre and Post contract experience including Cost Estimates / Feasibilities, Cost Planning, Life Cycle Cost Analysis, Construction Procurement options and preparation of tender documentation using computer aided take-off software packages, Value Engineering, Change control, Cost Reporting, Post contract administration and management.
- Experience of NEC and JCT Contracts
About Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure, we create places where people can prosper.
Today, critical infrastructure and public building projects need to be sustainable and environmentally appropriate. They must deliver value for the people that will use them - local communities and businesses - for decades to come. The wide range of demands requires a more holistic approach to design. That’s where we come in.
Our clients rely on our commitment to understanding their challenges and finding smarter solutions, and a broad range of experts offering a distinctively diverse set of skills. Our leadership team, who are practitioners themselves, understand what it takes to deliver.
Our culture is built on over 100 years of delivering excellence and creating solutions for critical infrastructure challenges. This enables us to provide a different perspective and approach; one based on what our clients need and can afford.
From engineering and architectural innovation to environmental sustainability and technologically enabled project delivery, we are renowned for our breadth of expertise and holistic, collaborative approach.
We’re a unique team specializing in infrastructure and buildings; the physical networks which keep the country moving and the places where people and communities can prosper.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita.
You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.