Graduate Sustainability Internship 2022
Carbon Intelligence (Ci) is an ambitious business in a dynamic and purposeful sector. We intend to grow at least threefold within the next three years.
Our mission is to be the market leader in helping businesses play their part in building a zero-carbon world. We do this by working with our clients to achieve their sustainability, energy and carbon reduction goals, aligning their business goals with their sustainability goals. Last year we were instrumental in driving over 10,000 tonnes of carbon out of the atmosphere, saving our clients £6m in the process.
Our team of sustainability strategists, software engineers and data scientists and engineers are brought together by a unique purpose-driven, entrepreneurial culture, valued by clients for our ability to deliver action.
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate intern who is passionate about making a difference.
We are looking for a proactive individual with the ability to work across teams and who is confident and willing to develop a strong foundation in data, driving progress and results. You will be comfortable working with large data sets and, interacting with a diverse set of stakeholders and will thrive on this opportunity to develop both consultancy and technical skills.
The successful candidate will have:
- Evidence of interest in sustainability, climate change and the environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively, remaining flexible whilst working across teams and taking the initiative during busy times to ensure a quick turnaround.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage directly with client teams and other stakeholders.
- A degree in a relevant discipline (environment and energy-related subjects would be an advantage, minimum grade 2:1), preferably having completed an MSc or additional external professional qualification.
- Ambition to continually develop your consultancy and technical skills.
- A good work ethic and team skills.
- Strong analytical acumen.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular, Excel
- Ability to interpret and analyse data
- Strong numeracy skills and be a good problem solver
- Great organisational skills and be efficient and process driven
- Ability to be flexible and work to deadlines
As a graduate intern you will be working across a broad range of our services to support the client delivery team. Data is at the heart of everything we do, so there will be a data focus in whatever work you do, whether that’s within the Scope 3 & Reporting team, the Strategy, Engagement & Governance team, the Data Integrity team, and beyond.
As a graduate intern, you will be responsible for:
- Collection and analysis of data (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Interrogate quality and validity of data
- Responding to client and other stakeholder queries
- Preparing information and data sets for client reports and presenting this to internal and/or external clients
- Supporting the client delivery team with clients annual sustainability disclosures (CDP, GRESB, EPRA)
The culture of Carbon Intelligence is collaborative, innovative and open. Our employees have described us as ‘a really special business’ and one where ‘people are valued and can both grow themselves and help with our core purpose of driving businesses towards a zero carbon economy’.
Our clients describe us as a ‘breath of fresh air’.
If you would like the opportunity to join our fresh, forward-thinking team, please apply.