Trainee Patent Attorney - Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
Carpmaels & Ransford has driven innovation in the IP industry for over 200 years. Known for our outstanding technical knowledge, commercial acumen and creative thinking, we advise some of some of the world’s best-known companies.
We are unique in that our patent attorneys, trade mark attorneys, solicitors and barristers are all members of the same firm, working seamlessly together. This ethos of collaboration informs everything we do, both in work and outside of it. The wide range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm are just one of the ways in which we encourage team-work and a healthy work/life balance.
At Carpmaels & Ransford you will find an enthusiastic and dynamic environment where you will be supported to reach your full potential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a degree (or equivalent) in bioinformatics or computational biology to join our growing Life Sciences team. As our biotechnology clients continue to expand into the digital technology space we are looking for people with passion and enthusiasm in this area, to enhance our offering to clients.
We act for a wide range of clients from market leaders to small start-ups, and across the full range of computational biotechnologies such as directed evolution, personalised medicine, genomics and connected health, so you will always have a variety of stimulating and challenging work to get stuck into.
We are looking for exceptional individuals. Suitable candidates will ideally have:
- An excellent academic background including either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in bioinformatics or computational biology (or similar).
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to analyse, conceptualise and explain complex issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Sense of commerciality: an innate interest in the world of business as well as the IP profession
- A passion and aptitude for problem solving
- A keen eye for detail
What we can offer
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- A supportive and sociable team-based working environment
- Exceptional training for UK and EQE qualifications and beyond
- A variety of stimulating and challenging work in cutting edge technologies
- An excellent remuneration and benefits package
- Access to a range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm
- A central London location