Business Industrial Placement 2021
Carrier is seeking an intelligent and motivated Business Management Intern based in Leatherhead for an initial 12 months contract. We are looking for someone who is ready to apply their knowledge to business practices and processes in a fast-paced, real-world environment.
The intern will assist in writing reports, conducting research, analysing data, leading special projects and making recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
This is a unique opportunity and the role will provide a valuable experience for an individual wanting to gain the skills and experience needed for a successful future career in business management.
- Gain practical experience with varied business activities in a large global corporation
- Dealing with complex tasks such as head count issues to growth in the markets.
- Shadowing a senior executive along with several experienced and accomplished business professionals
- Analyse markets/data/trends to provide insights and solutions to complex problems
- Be an opportunity to learn management skills in a complex European service division
- Degree qualified or studying for a degree in a relevant discipline such as business, finance, or accounting
- Masters degree desirable but not essential
- Experience of complex analysis in a business environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and research skills
- A quick learner and have a desire to gain knowledge
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential
- Detail-oriented individual with extensive experience using Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise, direct, and coordinate projects and meetings
- Capable of handling multiple demands and competing priorities
- Have the ability to work independently after receiving initial guidance
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee scholarship scheme
- Benefits Central Platform hosting employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources
- Bravo Awards which recognise outstanding contributions from all employees and encourage excellence
More about us
Creating solutions for people and our planet, our company values are our absolutes - RESPECT, INTEGRITY, INCLUSION, INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE. We work and win together, while never compromising our values.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. We have of a history of more than 100 years of proven innovation, solving problems on a global level, and our innovations drive new industries. Our mission is to be the first choice for heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions worldwide. We work every day to make the world a better place to live, work and play. Consistently ranked as one of the world’s most respected companies, we are also a pioneer of social responsibility, looking after the environment as well our people.
We welcome applications from talented Business, Finance, Accounting or MBA students and graduates who live within a commutable distance of Leatherhead.