Graduate Firmware Engineer 2021
Electronic Modular Services now has an opportunity for a Firmware Engineer in Herne Bay, Kent. The main goal of this role is to design and develop software to support delivery of R&D projects.
The role would suit both graduates and experienced engineers who are experienced writing code in C.
What will I be doing as a Firmware Engineer?
- Fulfill the requirements of the R&D department for projects and tasks, primarily in the design and development of embedded software and associated hardware, following company ISO9001 quality procedures.
- Designing software in C to agreed requirements and specifications.
- Provide software support to new and current products.
- To provide support to other members of the R&D department and liaise with your team leader or R&D Director and promote open communication with other departments.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ideally degree qualified in software development or computer science.
- This is an embedded firmware development role, experience with writing code in C is essential.
- Have basic knowledge of hardware and general electronics.
- Experience with our main processors would be advantageous; TI MSP430 series, ST STM8 & STM32, Renesas RX series
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee scholarship scheme
- Benefits Central Platform hosting employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources
- Bravo Awards which recognise outstanding contributions from all employees and encourage excellence
More about us:
Creating solutions for people and our planet, our company values are our absolutes - RESPECT, INTEGRITY, INCLUSION, INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE. We work and win together, while never compromising our values.
Fire & Security Products (a Carrier company) offer ongoing partner support and a comprehensive portfolio of products including fire detection, intrusion detection, access control and video surveillance, with brands such as Aritech, Edwards, EST, GST, Guardall, IFS, Kilsen, Lenel, NetworX, Supra, TruPortal, TruVision, UltraView, Ziton. From initial planning and installation to ongoing maintenance and expansion, our dedicated service and support teams provide the professional expertise that can enhance the efficiency, usability and cost-effectiveness of your entire security system.
We welcome applications from talented software engineers, firmware engineers, embedded software engineers and graduate engineers who live within a commutable distance of Herne Bay.