Graduate Residential Development Surveyor Cambridge 2024
We are hiring an ambitious Graduate Residential Development Surveyor to join our Planning & Development division in Cambridge. This is a varied and interesting graduate role requiring project and business management skills with hands-on delivery to assist in generating fees through the support of development surveyors and agents in the management of work from existing and new clients.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, so ensuring you develop and maintain strong relationships with our clients is essential. This includes attending client meetings - demonstrating a knowledge of their business, preparing communications, valuations, and reports, and showing genuine passion and interest in the residential industry.
Our two-year graduate training focuses on the completion of the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) through the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to become a Chartered Surveyor.
- Support the Residential development team with land sales & acquisitions.
- Assist with project management of development opportunities.
- Develop relationships with clients, attend client meetings and ensure client requirements are met.
- Attend meetings with housebuilders, landowners, promoters, and colleagues.
- Report writing and drafting marketing.
- Carry out research to support professional team with client requirements.
- Support with valuations using Argus.
- Assist with other general professional work such as marketing and business development.
- Support the team with day-to-day activities including land searching, administration and ensure client files are kept up to date.
- Develop a knowledge of the Carter Jonas business structure, our clients, systems, and processes.
- Work diligently towards achieving MRICS qualification, through the APC Structured Training Scheme, remaining motivated and committed to a career in property.
- Take responsibility for personal development, actively seeking out opportunities to broaden skills and experience.
- Identify opportunities for business development.
What will it take to be successful?
We are looking for passionate and forward-thinking graduates with a can-do attitude who show excellent verbal communication skills and can keep up to date with current trends and challenges in the industry and wider economy. You will have the ability to manage multiple projects and deal with a variety of work, while building internal relationships as well as external relationships.
You will ideally show adaptability, client care skills, and willingness to learn. You will preferably be studying a RICS accredited degree, however, we welcome applications from those studying a non-accredited degree who are looking to pursue a career in Residential Development. You will also ideally have some experience within development or commercial practice gained through work experience or placements. It is essential that you have a full UK driving license.
Our promise to you
From day one of our scheme, you will be invested in. We offer a structured training programme, an APC supervisor and counsellor, and regular assessments to ensure you achieve the full level of competency required for your APC. In addition, we pay your APC registration fee and your first APC final assessment and offer up to five days study leave.
Why choose us?
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential.
We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 1,000 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.