Private Debt Internship London 2022
Headquartered in Québec since 1965, CDPQ has offices in 10 countries and manages more than CA$ 390 billion of funds for 40+ public and parapublic organizations, mainly pension and insurance plans. CDPQ invests its client’s funds worldwide, targeting high-quality assets rooted in the real economy to generate stable, solid returns for Quebecers. Actively invested in all developed markets and in targeted growth markets, CDPQ is among the leading global direct real estate, private equity, infrastructure and fixed income investors.
About CDPQ’s Private Debt team
As part of the Corporate Credit group (CA$ 30bn+ of AuM), the Private Debt strategy focuses on direct non-investment grade credit investments across North America and Europe. With presence in Montreal, New York and London, the Private Debt team has the capacity to provide tailor made solutions to companies and private equity sponsors across the full spectrum of the capital structure (from senior debt and unitranche to subordinated and PIK instruments).
Comprised of 8 investment professionals based in London, the European Private Debt team has already successfully invested c.€2.7bn in 25+ transaction since 2018 across senior, unitranche and subordinated debt instruments. The team is now looking to capitalize on its strong success to expand further in the European market.
Based in London, the Intern will support team members on the evaluation of investment opportunities, deal structuring, execution and active monitoring of the European Private Debt portfolio.
- Work within the London Private Debt team alongside experienced professionals and assist them in their day-to-day investment tasks
- Perform preliminary analysis of investment opportunities (research and fundamental analysis on the industry, company’s competitive positioning, business model soundness and value creation capacity, strategy and growth potential, credit risks, etc.)
- Produce internal materials assessing the attractiveness of investment opportunities and supporting the internal investment approval process
- Review financial projections and build detailed operational and financial models
- Monitor investments within the current portfolio (review of quarterly and annual financial results and production of periodic reporting documentation)
- Penultimate or final year student from a top tier business school with excellent academic track record
- First experience in corporate finance (long internship in M&A, LBO/acquisition financing, private debt or private equity)
- Strong interest in LBO financing and credit instruments
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Rigorous, autonomous, proactive and able to show curiosity and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good Excel and MS Office skills
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
- Duration: 6-12 months
- Full time internship applications only
- Start date: September 2022
- Location: London
- Attractive remuneration package
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees. Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during the recruiting process.