DTS Software Engineering Graduate
Immerse yourself in the world of Centrica, IT, and you will be helping to build our increasing team of Software Engineers. Working on projects as part of Scrum, SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) and DevOps teams delivering real solutions that improve the customer experience and productivity. You will be expected to learn and develop with software that is new to you, you will have the opportunity to gain certifications in both Salesforce and AWS. You will be pushed out of your comfort zone and will be problem-solving from day one. You can expect to pitch and demonstrate your solutions to Senior Management at various times on the programme. You will be supported by a network of technical experts, and our Software Partners who will enable your technical development.
You will spend some of your time learning how our new breed of contact centres work and using the software that our agents use, serving customers as part of a team. You will also experience what it takes to be on our frontline, supporting our millions of energy and services customers. This experience should help you build the best software, always customer and agent focused.
The remainder of your placements will be evenly split across 3 business units, each one supporting key areas of the business: Web development with British Gas Home; AWS and Salesforce development with both our Hive and Evolve brands. Whichever placement you are on, you’ll be delivering significant software changes and driving business results.
There is also plenty of support offered to Graduates joining our programme. You will have a Graduate buddy, a mentor within the senior engineer community and a Graduate Talent Manager who’ll be on hand to support in your development during the programme.
We believe the best software is developed by our own people, if you have the drive for it. You must have a passion for collaboration, a continuous improvement mindset, customer focus, and above all a love of technology. We are looking for Graduates who have experience of software development, who want to help develop and shape the digital solutions for our British Gas (Centrica) Brands. You’ll also need:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a STEM subject (2:2 if combined with a Master’s)
- Willingness to relocate and try new things
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of Agile practices and methods to deliver value for our customers
- Right to work in the UK
- You’ll receive a £31,000 starting salary, plus £3,000 joining bonus
- You’ll receive multi-layered support from a wide range of senior business leaders and fellow Graduates
- You will become certified and experienced in more than one technical discipline
- As part of a rotational programme, you will be working in different teams, each with their own “start-up” culture into which you will be welcomed and expected to contribute
- You’ll join an organisation focused on Diversity & Inclusion