Graduate Electrical CAD Designer
As an international energy services and solutions company, everything we do is focused on satisfying the changing needs of our customers in an evolving energy market.
Who we are looking for?
The person must have the desire to learn and develop and be self-motivated under the guidance to create drawings using 3d design. This position is design drafting only and not leading to an Engineering position, for the right individual development towards professional registration as EngTech or IEng may be possible.
This Salford based role will support current projects in the production of 2D and 3D models in both AutoCAD and AutoCAD Plant. It works with a mentor to ensure the learning paths both in engineering skills and software capability. Prepares and maintains drawings including major electrical plant, control panels, containment and related equipment. Works closely with his mentor to prepare electrical biased designs and coordinate with civil, structural, mechanical, process and other disciplines.
- Technical Knowledge: Likely to be minimal at first but expected to follow a pathway for development. Ability to handle design software including scanning.
- Attention to detail: Ability to apply a thorough approach to each stage of the design process from concept to detail design through mentoring arrangements with L7 Lead Cad Designer and the relevant appointed electrical personnel.
- Cross-functional communication: Ability to communicate across all levels and have the ability to converse and collaborate across all internal and external teams of varying technical or commercial bias to enable a successful outcome.
- Safety in Design: Able to comply with CDM 2015 regulations and contribute towards design safety reviews and design risk assessments.
- Degree / ONC/ HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Capable of working to procedures. Both Client and CBS.
- Knowledge of regulations and ability to apply them to electrical installations, equipment layout, access & egress
- Ensure that drawings are produced quickly and accurately in a consistent format.
- Capable of fitting in to a dept. that is dynamic that has high expectations of meeting targets.
- Interpret mark-ups by project personnel and produce clear drawings.
- Capable of producing Electrical drawings including single line diagrams, electrical layouts, in both 2d formats and where needed using 3d packages.
- Ability to produce clash reports within 3d models.
- Lighting design (subject to confirmation)