Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the Compliance Assistant plays a key role in supporting the broader Compliance Team in delivering the CFC Group compliance plan, along with delivering exceptional customer service to the Group’s internal customers (including underwriters, claims handlers and product developers).
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Operate the process to vet and on-board CFC brokers, including undertaking all due diligence checks in line with territory specific requirements;
- Ensure TOBAs and broker agreements are issued in a timely matter, and all legal documents stored in line with Company policy;
- Operate the Group’s financial crime and sanctions processes and procedures, including investigation of sanctions matches;
- Assist in managing Group’s conduct risk and control framework, including operation of external complaints process in line with regulatory requirements and carriers’ expectations;
- Support preparation for and coordination of internal and external audits;
- Support the Compliance team in arranging and delivering a Compliance Monitoring plan. Work with underwriting teams to schedule regular reviews to ensure policies meet CFC’s binding authority guidelines and compliance requirements;
- Support the Compliance team in the risk management process, specifically by updating and maintaining CFC’s Risk Register.
Skills & Abilities
- Fast learner, able to grasp new and complex concepts and think on their feet;
- Comfortable with data input and reconciliation, and an eye for detail;
- Good communicator, both written and oral, along with an ability to communicate professionally with a wide variety and seniority of stakeholders;
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple different matters and keep track of critical deadlines;
- Ability to work autonomously and show initiative, along with having a good grasp on when to seek guidance as needed.
Education & Qualifications
A degree in a relevant field would be highly regarded, but not essential.