Cyber Underwriting Assistant
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
With 450 employees and headquartered in London, CFC serves more than 100,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate, and we never take ourselves too seriously. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
Our underwriting assistants play a vital role in providing first class administrative support for the effective day to day running of our underwriting teams. As an underwriting assistant you’ll be providing dedicated support to underwriters across our cyber teams.
You’ll support the end to end underwriting process from logging and processing submissions on CFC’s underwriting system. You’ll work closely with CFC underwriters.
You’ll develop a thorough understanding of CFC’s workflow processes and systems as well gaining exposure to Cyber insurance. A role as an underwriting assistant provides a great foundation for a career at CFC, with a number of our underwriters and underwriting team leaders starting their careers here!
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Providing excellent administrative support to underwriting teams to ensure CFC can adhere to target turnaround times for our brokers and insureds;
- Managing the underwriting central inboxes and logging new and renewal submissions on CFC’s internal underwriting system;
- Preparing various activity reports and spreadsheets as directed;
- Administering the department diary, including chasing outstanding items such as subjectivities and renewal business;
- Answering incoming calls and fielding queries as appropriate;
- General ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
Skills & Ability
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines and turnaround times;
- Resilient and able to operate effectively and accurately under pressure;
- Excellent level of attention to detail including accurate written and numeracy skills;
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Good communications skills, courtesy and patience;
- Confident, energetic and assertive;
- Strong work ethic with a flexible attitude;
- Above all you’re a team player!
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum A-level standard, with a view to studying towards CII certification
Love what you do
We show up each day ready to take on the world. Our passion and intensity set us apart and makes the difference to our colleagues, customers, brokers and carriers.
We’re never afraid to question the way that things are done and we constantly challenge ourselves and others to makes things better.
Have fun, be good
Insurance is a serious business, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We make it fun to work at CFC, we welcome all viewpoints, and we treat everyone how we would expect to be treated.