Operations Co-Ordinator 2021
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
Our operations team plays a vital role in ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. Each of our underwriting assistants sit within an underwriting team and are responsible for providing first class support for the effective day to day running of their respective teams. As an Underwriting Operations Coordinator, you would join the operations team and be responsible for the centralised management of underwriting support as a function.
You’ll oversee the function, ensuring resources and tasks are shared and allocated fairly across all teams through forward planning and proactive engagement with underwriting team leaders and the underwriting assistants that make up the function.
You will also be responsible for the function's day to day performance, in proactively overseeing critical business processes for all teams, such as enquiry logging flow, issuance and query handling. This will require close collaboration with underwriting team leads. You will also be the authority source for all complex queries and support.
You’ll be managing the training and development requirements of all underwriting support staff, which will include putting together a training program for new staff onboarding.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Overseeing resource sharing between underwriting teams to ensure maximum possible efficiency and support.
- Creating, maintaining and enforcing shared underwriting support template documentation to use, along with centralised FAQs for the most common queries.
- Training new underwriting support employees and ensuring up to date training and skills for the entire function. This includes the creation and maintenance of training guides and a training program for current and new Underwriting Assistants.
- Acting as a centralized contact for internal stakeholders for complex underwriting support queries and concerns.
- Proactive management of all critical support operations. Ensuring strong service standards and performance from underwriting assistants.
Skills & Ability
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to make decisions under pressure;
- Ability to work and make decisions independently;
- Ability to grasp new systems and processes quickly;
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Good communications skills, courtesy and patience;
- Confident, energetic and assertive;
- Strong work ethic with a flexible attitude;
- Above all you’re a team player!
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level.
Love what you do
We show up each day ready to take on the world. Our passion and intensity set us apart and makes the difference to our colleagues, customers, brokers and carriers.
We’re never afraid to question the way that things are done and we constantly challenge ourselves and others to makes things better.
Have fun, be good
Insurance is a serious business, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We make it fun to work at CFC, we welcome all viewpoints, and we treat everyone how we would expect to be treated.