CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, using proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business.
Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy. With 500+ employees across our offices spanning the UK (London HQ), US (New York and Austin), Europe (Belgium) and Australia (Brisbane); CFC serves 100,000+ businesses in 80+ countries. We’re privately owned and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate, and we never take ourselves too seriously. We invest in the learning, development and growth of our employees and enjoy an inclusive working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
As a growing People team supporting c. 500 employees across our UK (London), US (New York), and European (Brussels) offices, we’re looking for an enthusiastic and detail focused Payroll Administrator to join the team and help to deliver an exceptional employee experience at CFC.
This role will also act as our first line support for all employee related payroll and benefits queries and you will perform all necessary activities to coordinate and administer our payrolls and employee benefit plans, working closely with our managed payroll providers, and the HR and finance team, to ensure an efficient and smooth-running payroll service. You will also help to support end of year processing for payrolls & benefits, and also work on new projects and initiatives with the HR team.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a an expanding and ambitious team who are looking to continually improve our policies, processes, and systems to create the best experience for our people.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Input accurate and timely payroll data for monthly UK (London office), European (Brussels office) payrolls, and the bi-monthly US payroll (NYC office and remote based US employees).
- Help run and check pre-commit reports, resolve corrections before payroll cut-off dates and ensure highest levels of data accuracy and cleanliness in ADP iHCM and SagePeople (HRIS).
- On-board new joiners and process and off-board leavers, handle salary/pension changes and processing of sickness/absence, maternity/paternity leave.
- Liaise with external payroll software providers (ADP and FMP) as required to raise queries, and to log payroll processing system issues for resolution.
- Help maintain required payroll records and reporting and assist with end-of-year preparation and associated data submitted to the HMRC.
- Respond to and handle payroll related queries from staff (e.g. payslips and P60 queries).
- Help create data analysis and reporting as required, to support monthly/annual payroll reporting, and ad-hoc reporting required from the finance team.
- Helping to ensure that payroll processes, policies and documentation are kept up to date, and supporting with external payroll audits.
Benefits & pension administration
- Act as a primary point of contact for employee benefit plans via phone, email, or face to face.
- Respond to and resolve pension scheme queries from employees and our pension scheme provider. referring complex queries to the Payroll & Benefit Specialist and/or HR Manager.
- Co-ordinate all new joiners (as part of the HR induction team) and help explain CFC’s core and voluntary benefit plans to new joiners (UK and US) and existing staff joining CFC benefit plans.
- Off-board leavers, and process relevant data for leavers in relation to benefit and pension plans.
- Support with the pension auto enrolment process of employees into CFC’s pension scheme, and generally help to ensure excellent administration of all associated employee and pension data.
- Update and communicate UK & US employee benefit plan guides and information to help regularly promote and communicate benefit plans (incl. new plans or revisions) to employees.
- Assist with the annual renewal process for CFC UK and US employee benefit plans (e.g. private medical, income protection scheme, life insurance schemes.
- Support the HR/payroll with annual pay reviews and salary & bonus awards.
- To maintain appropriate confidentiality of information relating to the Company and HR data and maintain compliant with secure data.
- Provide support and cover for the HR Team Administrator during periods of absence.
- Update and maintain CFC Circle (HRIS) in conjunction with the HR administrator.
Skills & Ability
- Excellent administration skills (e.g. online document management) and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Good planning, organisation and prioritization skills (working to deadlines and payroll cut-offs).
- Able to work independently with a proactive self-starter attitude.
- Good problem solving, and analytical thinking.
Education and Qualifications
- A relevant UK payroll (e.g. CIPP) certificate/qualification (or working towards it) is preferred.
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Degree level education is preferred but not essential
Love what you do:
- We show up each day ready to take on the world. Our passion and intensity set us apart and makes the difference to our colleagues, customers, brokers and carriers.
- We’re never afraid to question the way that things are done and we constantly challenge ourselves and others to makes things better.
Have fun, be good:
- Insurance is a serious business, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We make it fun to work at CFC, we welcome all viewpoints, and we treat everyone how we would expect to be treated.