Product Developer 2021
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London, with 470+ employees across our offices spanning the UK (London), US (New York and Austin), Europe (Belgium) and Australia (Brisbane); CFC serves 100,000+ businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate, and we never take ourselves too seriously. We invest in the learning, development and growth of our people and enjoy a working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
Reporting to the Products Team Leader, as a Product Developer you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of specialist commercial insurance products and providing a quality support service to the Underwriting and Claims teams on product related enquiries.
You will be assisting the Products Team Leader/ Products Director with the strategic planning and development of CFC’s product portfolio. This will include working with teams around the business to monitor the performance of product coverage, identifying opportunities to drive innovation, conducting and facilitating competitor and market analysis, and extracting actionable insights from our internal data.
With over 50 CFC products across multiple business lines, you will be managing a large number of projects and stakeholders at any given time. To be successful in this role, you will thrive working in a fast-paced and results-driven business, have strong attention to detail, be a confident communicator and have an analytical mind.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Drafting of policy wordings, policy endorsements, application forms, schedules and ancillary documents in the CFC in-house style, ensuring they are compliant with territorial requirements and meet the requirements of the specialist business line (cyber, tech, media, professional liability, general liability, commercial property, management liability, product recall, medical malpractice etc)
- Respond to underwriter and claims generated product enquiries of all complexity within the prescribed timeframe and obtain the appropriate sign off before issuance
- Project managing the development and delivery of new product initiatives and product version upgrades from initial concept to final release within the prescribed timeframe
- Log coverage queries from underwriters and ensure they are responded to within the appropriate timeframe
- Working with the systems development team to achieve successful system integration of new product initiatives and product version upgrades, including the creation of detailed user requirements and user acceptance testing
- Relationship managing the communication between the products team and underwriting teams and other key stakeholders throughout the business in respect of the progress and release of new product initiatives and product version upgrades
- Maintain accurate records of version control of all documents
- Research any jurisdictional requirements or other compliance issues through the use of Lloyds Crystal, the compliance team and other channels, as appropriate
Skills & Ability
- Exceptional communicator, both written and oral, with an ability to communicate professionally and clearly with a wide variety of stakeholders, including C-level executives
- Strong time management, presentation, organisational and negotiation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and to work collaboratively
- Able to make informed decisions without hesitation
- Able to analyse data and look for trends to extract actionable insights
Education and Qualifications
- Law degree highly regarded but not essential
- Dip CII achieved, or working towards
Love what you do
We show up each day ready to take on the world. Our passion and intensity set us apart and makes the difference to our colleagues, customers, brokers and carriers.
We’re never afraid to question the way that things are done and we constantly challenge ourselves and others to makes things better.