CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
Working within the specialist Insight team at CFC, your role will be in developing our proprietary data collection platform, solving data problems that are key to the future of insurance.
The Insight team is transforming the use of data in commercial insurance. Our in-house data collection platform collects large volumes of data on our clients in real-time from internal, open source and proprietary data sources. Insight helps CFC learn as much as possible about each client and CFC uses this data to deliver innovation in how insurance decisions are made.
When you join CFC’s Insight team, you will use data to grow CFC’s competitive advantage in the insurance market’s “data arms race”. Your job will be to research, develop and implement new functionality that will impact how CFC underwrites each risk and the profitability of the business. Improving functionality could be increasing the coverage, accuracy or speed of data collection or using a new data source that increases understanding of our customers. You will also be involved in supporting the cloud infrastructure and devops tools used to build and run our systems.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
You will be:
- Working on back-end data gathering and processing algorithms.
- Developing and improving data modules that run on our distributed platform.
- Evaluating new sources of data on our SME client base.
- Analysing and debugging errors in code.
- Assisting in maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- Supporting the continuous development/deployment cycle.
- Writing technical and non-technical documentation.
Skills & Ability:
- Strong critical, analytics and technical reasoning skills.
- Ability to produce and agree a strategy to address new challenges.
- Ability to work independently.
- Above all you’re a team player!
Education and Qualifications
- Batchelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, Actuarial Science or associated discipline.
Love what you do:
We show up each day ready to take on the world. Our passion and intensity set us apart and makes the difference to our colleagues, customers, brokers and carriers.
We’re never afraid to question the way that things are done and we constantly challenge ourselves and others to makes things better.
Have fun, be good:
Insurance is a serious business, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We make it fun to work at CFC, we welcome all viewpoints, and we treat everyone how we would expect to be treated.