Underwriting Assistant - Media
Our underwriting assistants play a vital role in providing first class administrative support for the effective day to day running of our underwriting teams. As an underwriting assistant you’ll be providing dedicated support to underwriters across our teams.
You’ll support the end to end underwriting process from logging and processing submissions on CFC’s underwriting system. You’ll work closely with CFC underwriters.
You’ll develop a thorough understanding of CFC’s workflow processes and systems as well gaining exposure to insurance. A role as an underwriting assistant provides a great foundation for a career at CFC, with a number of our underwriters and underwriting team leaders starting their careers here!
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Providing excellent administrative support to underwriting teams to ensure CFC can adhere to target turnaround times for our brokers and insureds;
- Managing the underwriting central inboxes and logging new and renewal submissions on CFC’s internal underwriting system;
- Preparing various activity reports and spreadsheets as directed;
- Administering the department diary, including chasing outstanding items such as subjectivities and renewal business;
- Answering incoming calls and fielding queries as appropriate;
- General ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
Skills & Ability
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines and turnaround times;
- Resilient and able to operate effectively and accurately under pressure;
- Excellent level of attention to detail including accurate written and numeracy skills;
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Good communications skills, courtesy and patience;
- Confident, energetic and assertive;
- Strong work ethic with a flexible attitude;
- Above all you’re a team player!
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to at least A Level standard or higher with a view to studying towards CII certification.