Graduate Infrastructure Software Developer
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world-class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We employ in excess of 5,300 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Join us to deliver unrivalled geoscience insight to our clients, through complex data science techniques and ongoing development of our powerful software.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience and customer focus, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients’ energy challenges. We bring our clients a unique range of technologies and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images, geological data and remote sensing information of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
CGG are a global leader in the fields of subsurface imaging and high performance computing. Supporting the business is a diverse and constantly evolving challenge at petabyte scale, in order to keep pace with the growth and trends in the industry. You would be involved in the design, implementation, roll-out and support of infrastructure systems, to enable 24/7 HPC.
As member of a small but highly visible team, the potential candidate will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the business. As such, we are looking for an enthusiastic technologist, with a good appreciation of clean and efficient code, a keen eye on detail and who is motivated to work on a broad range of technologies in a wide range of business areas.
Become Part of our Team
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals who are passionate about programming and developing technical knowledge to join our largest European centre, based in the South-East England, which employees in excess of 350 staff, operating across a diverse global market with high profile European and International customers.
As an Infrastructure Software Developer, you’ll play a vital role in the support, improvement and on-going development of our cutting-edge uniquely designed software, used by our scientific teams to analyse and enhance subsurface data. As an integral member of our global development team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the market place.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, improve and support software infrastructure
- Ensure efficiency, ease of use, reliability and scalability of core software
- Develop and maintain libraries, shared components and technologies used for high end geophysical data processing
- Participate in design discussions
- Participate in large scale development and deployment projects
A successful candidate will be creative and innovative, with both strong communication and problem solving skills. They will be reliable and conscientious giving great attention to detail, alongside having excellent analytical skills with a passion about programming and developing technical knowledge.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or any other field that has an emphasis on programming, or any relevant work experience
- Strong technical skills to develop, debug and optimize applications (C/C++, Python, Java…)
- Knowledge of Linux system programming
- Good knowledge of High-Performance Computing is a plus (efficient algorithms, multithreading, I/O, messaging, distributed computing)
- Passionate about technology and problem solving
- Exposure to Oracle PL/SQL programming would be useful
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG University platform.
- Competitive salary
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff