Graduate Infrastructure Software Developer 2021
CGG is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 4,000 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and equipment that supports the discovery and responsible management of the Earth’s natural resources.
CGG are a global leader in the fields of subsurface imaging and high performance computing. Supporting the business is a diverse and constantly evolving challenge at petabyte scale, in order to keep pace with the growth and trends in the industry. You would be involved in the design, implementation, roll-out and support of infrastructure systems, to enable 24/7 HPC.
As member of a small but highly visible team, the potential candidate will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the business. As such, we are looking for an enthusiastic technologist, with a good appreciation of clean and efficient code, a keen eye on detail and who is motivated to work on a broad range of technologies in a wide range of business areas.
Become Part of our Team
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals who are passionate about programming and developing technical knowledge to join our largest European centre, based in the South-East England, which employees in excess of 350 staff, operating across a diverse global market with high profile European and International customers.
As an Infrastructure Software Developer, you’ll play a vital role in the support, improvement and on-going development of our cutting-edge uniquely designed software, used by our scientific teams to analyse and enhance subsurface data. As an integral member of our global development team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the market place.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, improve and support software infrastructure
- Ensure efficiency, ease of use, reliability and scalability of core software
- Develop and maintain libraries, shared components and technologies used for high end geophysical data processing
- Participate in design discussions
- Participate in large scale development and deployment projects
A successful candidate will be creative and innovative, with both strong communication and problem solving skills. They will be reliable and conscientious giving great attention to detail, alongside having excellent analytical skills with a passion about programming and developing technical knowledge.
- Master's degree or or higher in computer science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field (Ph.D. preferable). An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Fluent in C++, Java, Go, Python and Linux programming.
- Development experience with containers, orchestration and message driven applications
- Strong technical skills to develop, debug and optimize Micro Services based applications
- Extensive expertise in designing and implementing efficient algorithms and data structures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Knowledge in relational and NOSQL database technologies
- Understanding of client-server application architecture, RPC programming (GRPC, Thrift)
- Knowledge of Scala and Spark
- Experience with ETL in data warehouses such as ELK
- Familiarity with big data solutions and cloud computing
- Understanding on Linux Kernel and Multi thread programming
- Knowledge of software development best practices and the software development lifecycle
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG Learning Hub.
- Competitive salary
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff
We Care about our Staff and Environment
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Onsite Exercise classes, almost every day of the week and promoting active lifestyles
- Onsite Social Games area which provide downtime through the working day
- Our restaurant, offering great food and a highly effective social and work space
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.