Graduate Software Developer
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world-class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We employ in excess of 5,300 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Join us to deliver unrivalled geoscience insight to our clients, through complex data science techniques and ongoing development of our powerful software.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience and customer focus, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients’ energy challenges. We bring our clients a unique range of technologies and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images, geological data and remote sensing information of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
The Graduate Software Developer’s role works within a broader development group developing and maintaining applications and framework components for a set of products that support the O&G Data Management community. The Graduate Software Developer is required to build a knowledge of a set of technology components, such as 3rd party software, hardware, and networking capabilities suitable for data management systems. They work as part of a small team, often collaborating with colleagues in other countries. It is therefore essential that they work productively as part of an integrated and diverse team.
- Deploy software modules, code, and unit tests.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on software products, services, protocols, and standards in support of development efforts.
- Work with other technical staff to develop software.
- Identify inefficiencies in current software and investigate solutions.
- Resolve security and performance issues.
- Coordinate software releases.
- Implement and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to software.
- Applying upgrades to existing tools.
- Maintain technical documentation.
- Positively contribute and engage in development planning and review meetings (SCRUM etc.)
- Excellent analytical and math skills – resolving difficult procedures. Creating custom algorithms to solve problems
- Awareness of Esri ArcGIS Pro/ArcServer development and administration desirable. Understanding of broader GIS technologies essential.
- Big data technologies like Hadoop and Spark
- .NET C# Programming experience
- NHibernate experience
- Web API development:
- Web Services
- KSPM & XML
- Single Sign-On Authentication
- Oracle of other database awareness:
- Able to write SQL queries and to optimise performance
- Knowledge of basic database security practices
- Reporting and business intelligence tools like Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and SAP Crystal Reports
- NoSQL database systems such as CouchDB and MongoDB
- Positive and proactive, makes suggestions about alternate ideas or approached and listens to the opinions of others.
- Prefers or requires the input of others to solve a problem. Openly shares challenges and seeks to understand alternate viewpoints.
- Pragmatic and capable of reconciling the business need versus a desire for perfection.
- Open to change.