Imaging Scientist/Geophysicist Graduate Programme
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world-class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We employ in excess of 5,300 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Through our cutting-edge technology and customer focus, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients' energy challenges. We bring our clients a unique range of technologies and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images, geological data and remote sensing information of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
Do you want to use science and creative thinking to solve real problems?
We use exploration geophysics to map the subsurface structure using imaging techniques based on applied physics. CGG is a recognized leader in subsurface imaging and our international teams are dedicated to solving our clients’ complex challenges.
Become Part of our Team
You will work in a project-focused team responsible for working in collaboration with our clients and delivering impressive results every time.
You will use your practical mathematics and physics skills to image seismic data to create stunning 3D images of the subsurface. Through our comprehensive training programme, you will learn to develop and apply the latest data processing, model building & imaging techniques using some of the most advanced CPU & GPU compute facilities in the world to overcome geophysical challenges and create state of the art solutions for our clients.
We are looking for individuals who will enjoy using their problem solving skills to meet the challenges our clients have, and will continuously seek to improve our technology and solutions.
Educated to a Master’s or PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines; Geophysics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or related technical discipline
Key Skills and Competencies
- Passion and enthusiasm for analytical and problem solving challenges
- Expertise in an area of applied mathematics/physics/data science
- Ability to build & develop positive client relationships
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver on project deadlines
- Open communication and collaboration with teams and clients
- Enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
- Ideally, but not essentially, some experience in programming
Start Date Information
It is our normal policy to on-board our graduates on the first Wednesday of the month after their graduation. If you have already graduated it will be the first Wednesday of the month after we make our job offer. There is some flexibility if you are unable to start on the proposed date.
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG University platform.
- Salary starting from £32,000 p.a.
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff