Software Engineer Internship
What You’ll Do
Our aim is to provide you with a software development project that lets you experience what it is like to work as part of the Ensoft engineering team, using industry leading development practises. Your project will relate to the work that our engineering teams do, and be a self-contained piece of work that can be completed across a week long placement.
You will be working at our office in Harpenden, located close to the station and with a very fast connection into London. Harpenden is an attractive town, which, thanks to its excellent commute, has a thriving centre with shops, bars and restaurants. Close by is the city of St Albans, bringing a wider social scene (theatres, clubs, a wider selection of bars) and all the facilities offered by a modern city. By road, both the M1 and M25 are easily accessible by car. Harpenden is also conveniently located just over an hour's drive from both Oxford and Cambridge.
1 week placement in Spring or Summer 2020: interviews to be held closer to the time.
Who You'll Work With
You’ll be working alongside incredibly talented individuals, like yourself, with a shared enthusiasm for software development. The Cisco Ensoft team is entirely made up of people recruited as young, exceptional graduates from top universities who have developed into all the roles that make up our team today - from the management team to the industry leading technical experts.
We have a really friendly culture. It is a sign of how well people get on that employees arrange so many activities together in their spare time. This is on top of the many company funded social events arranged by our social team.
Who You Are and What You Need To Be Eligible
- You must have demonstrated a strong interest and aptitude for computing.
- In particular, we need you to have enough programming experience to be able to quickly become productive on a software project, in order that we can provide a rewarding placement.
- The barrier to entry is high, so you need a proven academic capability. For example, you will be taking or have completed a numerate degree at one of the UK's leading Universities. As a guide, we would normally expect all A/A* grades at A-level or equivalent.
- You need to be able to live and work in the UK with no additional sponsorship from Cisco.
- Finally, you must be sociable. Our software development process is collaborative, so you should enjoy working closely with the other people in your team.