Software Engineering Industrial Placement 2021
We have an opportunity for a software engineer to join us on a 1 year Internship, at an exciting and transformational time. This role provides opportunities to work with the latest technology in the heart of the Webex Collaboration Suite (Webex Teams, Webex Meetings & Devices) with the brightest minds in one of the world’s leading IT companies.
What you will do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join with a team of new interns and graduates all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Within a small, global agile team:
- Design and implement complex software applications, focusing on data ingestion and analysis
- Deploy and maintain business critical applications in production at Cisco scale
- Be a critical part of the development team by implementing and deploying complex software applications
- Apply software engineering best practices along with a security first mindset in a scrum team
- Maintain and expand knowledge and skills of current and emerging technologies to improve existing Cisco Webex Collaboration suite
- Present, share and demonstrate your work to team members and stakeholders
We are looking for individuals with a passion for technology and problem solving, ideally with solid academic foundations in engineering disciplines;
- Currently studying towards a degree (Bachelors or higher)
- A passion for – and a commitment to lifelong learning – a willingness and eagerness to invest time in training and developing your skills
- Strong fundamentals in at least one OOP Language e.g: Java, Python, C++
- Interest in modern web frameworks e.g: React or VueJs
- Familiarity with virtualisation software and containers (e.g. Docker)
- Knowledge of operating systems (e.g: Linux) and databases (e.g: SQL or NoSQL)
- Experience using a version control system, such as Git
What we offer
At Cisco, we truly believe in the well-being of our employees and work-life balance and our benefits package is designed to reflect this.
Annual Leave: 20 days plus bank holidays
Access to Cisco’s onsite office facilities including;
Free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office
Starbucks Coffee bar
Access to a large canteen
Massage chairs & nap pods
An onsite Nuffield Health gym and showers (at an additional cost)
At Cisco, we encourage a culture of giving back to the community, and you will receive invitations to participate in giving back events organised either by the IT team or the Bedfont Lakes campus CSR team.