MSc in Charity Accounting and Financial Management
Enhance your nonprofit sector finance career with one of the only management courses in Europe to focus on your specific needs.
Who is it for?
You may already be working in charity finance, as a manager or consultant, or aiming to move into this demanding role in the sector. Either way, this academically rigorous course will match your needs. It will also equip you for a role as an advisor, auditor or independent examiner to a charity.
You will gain a well-rounded understanding of the role and the knowledge and skills to develop and apply your financial expertise in the sector.
Under scrutiny from regulators, trustees and supporters, charities must exercise the highest level of financial governance. This course equips you for that unique challenge. Combining the academic rigour of an internationally respected business school with a highly practical and applied approach, it is tailored precisely to the issues facing senior managers in the third sector.
You will be taught by an academic team who understand first-hand the tools and techniques for effective financial management of charity income and assets. Guest lecturers will present their thoughts on the real-world challenges placed on charity finance managers. Your course includes a fieldwork exercise. This will give you a deep insight into the practical realities of charity financial management in another organisation.
The MSc course is taught on a part-time basis over a period of two years (20 months for those eligible to enrol on the April Intake). Students initially enrol on the Postgraduate Diploma with the specialist area of their choice, and confirm their intention to complete the MSc at the end of the first year.
- Develop your understanding of the strategic issues and organisational challenges facing charity organisations and their managers within the finance function.
- Build relevant management and leadership skills, and analytical capabilities
- Acquire insights into the different strategies and approaches commonly adopted by charities
- Deepen your appreciation of the issues of managing change in the finance function
- Gain access to a strong network and connections within the charity sector
- Build your confidence as you pursue your career in the sector.
The Charities programme courses starting in October will have a final session for the in-person registration followed by an Induction Programme on Thursday 07 October 2021.