MSc in Charity Marketing and Fundraising
On this academically rigorous course, you will master the strategic, tactical and ethical issues driving charity marketing and fundraising.
Who is it for?
You may already be working in the charity sector as a marketing and fundraising manager. Or you may wish to transfer relevant skills and knowledge from experience you've gained in other sectors.
The course will support and further develop your core marketing management skills. It will equip you to deliver efficient, effective and appropriate fundraising and marketing practice in the voluntary sector.
Derek Holder Legacy Trust Bursary
Cass CCE is pleased to announce that we are able to offer five bursaries (of £1,000 each towards the fees) to individuals who, in addition to meeting the normal entrance requirements, can demonstrate how their organisation meets the set criteria.
Charity marketeers are under pressure to deliver better-than-ever results within an ethically managed, robust and accountable strategic framework. This course has been designed specifically to meet their needs. You will study how charities are using new and existing marketing ideas to acquire and distribute resources. And you will look at the practical application of key strategic marketing concepts and planning disciplines to voluntary sector organisations.
Throughout the course you will focus on the application of a strategic marketing approach. Under the umbrella of strategy you will look at and discuss effective brand management, selecting and adopting alternative channels, and the role and types of charity marketing communications.
You will debate different approaches to fundraising alongside the important constraints of ethical best practice and contemporary regulation as they apply to charity marketing strategy.
The MSc course is taught on a part-time basis over a period of two years. Students initially enrol on the Postgraduate Diploma with the specialist area of their choice, and confirm their intention to complete the MSc at the end of the first year.
As a student you will:
- Develop your understanding of the strategic application of the marketing paradigm in the voluntary sector.
- Explore the practical application of key strategic marketing concepts and tools in different voluntary sector contexts.
- Understand how to design, implement and evaluate alternative fundraising strategies and techniques.
- Build relevant marketing/fundraising management and leadership skills and analytical capabilities.
- Gain access to a strong network and connections within the charity sector.
- Grow your confidence in pursuing your marketing career in the sector.
The Charities programme courses starting in October will have a final session for the in-person registration followed by an Induction programme on Thursday 07 October 2021.