MSc in Corporate Finance
The MSc in Corporate Finance programme is your chance to specialise in one of the biggest, most popular and prestigious areas of finance. Start your stellar career today.
Who is it for?
The MSc degree in Corporate Finance is designed for ambitious students with interest in the area of corporate finance. Your background is not necessarily in finance or accounting, but you have a keen interest to study corporate finance and aim for a professional career in this or a related field.
You aim to work as a finance professional for an investment bank, a consulting firm, or a global corporation as a finance manager. You are interested in questions such as:
- How do investors decide which stocks (e.g. Tesla vs. Ford) and which markets (e.g. the UK vs. Italy) to invest in?
- The benefits of international compared to domestic mergers?
- How do hedge funds and investment banks compete in the market?
- What skills and knowledge you need to work for a hedge fund, a private equity firm, an investment bank or one of top accounting firms, an M&A boutique or a finance department at a global corporation.
- How to value a company for a private equity buyout, an acquisition or an IPO?
- How to analyse financial statements to understand firm’s profitability and future prospects
The degree attracts top students from around the world and is among the most popular degrees students apply to. During the studies, you will have the opportunity to meet and network with alumni working in the finance profession and learn their inside tips on getting a finance job. The programme is widely recognised by top recruiters in the City of London and internationally.
The Corporate Finance master’s is designed to satisfy your drive to understand how companies manage their investment and financing decisions.
In your studies, you will examine questions such as: how financial markets work and how companies access them to finance their operations, what IPOs and mergers and acquisitions are and how they help increase firm value, how to value financial products, such as stocks and derivatives.
Your studies will encompass practical and up-to-date teaching on how the modern corporate finance world works from top academics and practitioners from the City of London.
You will graduate fully equipped for a successful career within financial management and corporate finance departments of leading global and international corporations, top investment and commercial banks, and family firms.
Unique features of this degree are:
- core modules in Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, Mergers & Acquisitions/Private Equity and Risk Management
- tuition from 'practitioner' professors who discuss how theory applies to the real world
- hands-on courses on the use of Excel, VBA and opportunity to learn other programming languages such as Python
- a choice from over twelve finance related electives including international electives in New York, Madrid, Portugal and Milan
- opportunities to meet and interact with top finance and business leaders during guest lectures and seminars
- support from one of London’s best Careers’ Office to help you secure future employment (including one-to-one sessions to prepare you for interviews, networking sessions, work on your CV, advice on application and a Career’s Fair where you can meet potential employers)
- networking events with alumni and finance professionals
- the opportunity to apply for an additional year's study at LUISS or Bocconi business schools in Italy to quality with two MSc degrees (one from the Cass Business School and the other from LUISS or Bocconi)
What will you learn
On the Corporate Finance MSc, you will learn to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of corporate finance issues, such as project valuation, optimal firm financing and evaluating firm performance, as well as of financial markets, institutions and instruments
- Understand and evaluate current issues in corporate finance, including IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, and events in debt markets
- Formulate finance decisions aimed at delivering returns to shareholders and superior Return on Investment
- Analyse factors affecting the global flows of finance, e.g. in and out of Asian markets
- Learn how to network with peers and senior finance professionals in the City of London
All of our MSc courses start with two compulsory induction weeks which include relevant refresher courses, an introduction to the careers services and the annual careers fair.