MSc in Entrepreneurship
Under the guidance of world-class professors and expert practitioners, you’ll learn how to identify, create and exploit entrepreneurial opportunities on our Entrepreneurship master’s course.
Who is it for?
You are a curious, persistent, problem-solving, team-oriented and ambitious graduate interested in launching your own business, leading initiatives within large corporations or taking your family business to the next level.
You relish the challenge of learning in a fast-paced, hands-on programme, created and taught by leading academics and entrepreneurs.
You’re looking for an academically rigorous and professionally relevant qualification that will serve your ultimate needs as an entrepreneur or business owner.
You begin your MSc in Entrepreneurship by plunging straight into the world of entrepreneurship as we kick off with New Venture Creation. During this four-day module, you and your fellow students come together to share ideas, form teams and build prototypes.
You’ll quickly realise that your studies put strong emphasis on balancing research-led teaching with experiential learning such as consulting for small-business owners, preparation for joining an accelerator and field trips.
It’s your fast-track guide through the intricate process of starting your own venture/initiative.
The overarching aim is to help nurture innovative and prosperous new ventures with responsible leaders who appreciate the demands of multiple stakeholders.
The MSc in Entrepreneurship places emphasis on learning through experience, and in our classes you will be encouraged to use reflection on doing as a form of learning. This experiential learning is supported throughout the master programme by a reach and diverse ecosystem which include
- Cass Innovate
- City Launch Lab
- Museum of Entrepreneurship
What will you learn
On the Entrepreneurship master’s programme, you will:
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of the unique processes involved in creating and launching your own business.
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of the factors behind successful entrepreneurship, from creativity to start-up financing.
- Understand and critically evaluate current issues affecting establishing new businesses from the ground up.
- Develop team-working abilities crucial to the launch of a successful business.
- Sharpen your commercial skills and learn how to apply them to the challenges of starting a successful small business.
All of our MSc courses start with two compulsory induction weeks which include relevant refresher courses, an introduction to the careers services and the annual careers fair.