MSc in Finance
Take this MSc course in Finance and gain exposure to a broad range of topics in the field of finance and corporate finance.
Who is it for?
You are ambitious to succeed in the finance field, in a career that might encompass anything from hedge funds to investment banking. Your strong quantitative skills give you an ideal starting point as you begin to investigate the mechanisms that drive finance across different industries.
Your interest in finance is matched by your desire to establish yourself in this highly competitive marketplace where pressure and risk accompany job satisfaction and financial rewards.
The master's in finance programme is your opportunity to deepen your knowledge of the area. You kick off with a term of foundation modules that cement your understanding of finance, corporate finance, accounting and econometrics.
You build on that core knowledge with a term where you tailor the course to your own subject preferences.
You can choose to specialise in either finance or corporate finance, or to remain broad to acquire an all-round, post-graduate qualification in finance.
Flexibility is built into the MSc Finance programme through a comprehensive choice of electives including a number of optional overseas electives in locations such as New York, Singapore & Dubai.
You’ll be based within a stone’s throw of the City of London, giving your studies a uniquely practical orientation with regular teaching from senior bankers and finance professionals and unparalleled opportunities for networking
What will you learn
On the master's in Finance postgraduate degree you will:
- Acquire a comprehensive grasp of the principles and applications of finance
- Develop your range of technical and conceptual skills
- Gain broad experience of quantitative techniques
- Develop your understanding of a wide range of financial issues across all industry sectors
- Network with your peers and senior finance industry professionals in the City of London
- Gain a highly valuable international, multicultural perspective
- Acquire a flexible qualification suitable for a wide range of roles in global finance.
All of our MSc courses start with two compulsory induction weeks which include relevant refresher courses, an introduction to the careers services and the annual careers fair.