MSc in Management
On this master's in Management, you’ll gain state-of-the-art analytical and practical tools to analyse complex strategic and operational management issues within a global context. The Management postgraduate programme provides you with an academically rigorous and professionally relevant education that will serve your career needs throughout your personal and professional development.
Who is it for?
Your interests span a wide range of management topics and disciplines, from hard skills like problem analysis, critical thinking, finance and strategy to soft skills including teamwork influencing, leadership, negotiating and managing people.
You are looking to make that crucial first step into management or may already be working as a manager or entrepreneur.
Either way, this course will develop both your skills-base and your confidence as a manager able to take on any challenge in today’s fast-moving global business environment.
The Management master's course is based on an MBA style curriculum and is academically rigorous without neglecting the applied, practical aspects of your management education. Academic rigour is balanced with practical relevance.
The curriculum is enriched by opportunities for individualised course of learning and personal development as from term two you are encouraged to choose the subjects which you wish to study depending on your interests and professional goals to build your confidence and leadership qualities.
You’ll study the foundations of business management and be able to create a more individualised course of study by tailoring your learning and take advantage of our diverse portfolio of optional modules, studying at Cass and in our sister institutions around the world.
We hope to empower you to make conscious choices about business issues and your own future.
Our challenging electives from the portfolio of master's programme are either London based or held in international locations and invite our students to deepen their knowledge of current management practices and to sharpen their skills required of future global leaders. Some electives will take you beyond the classroom experience and act as capstones to your educational and practical experiences.
What will you learn
On the Management master’s course, you will:
- Acquire a comprehensive grasp of the principles and applications of management
- Develop your range of hard and soft skills as a manager and entrepreneur
- Develop your understanding of a wide range of management issues that affect all industry sectors as well as different type of organisations from big multinationals, SMEs, family businesses and small start ups
- Network with your peers and senior managers from industry
- Gain a highly valuable international, perspective on the challenges of management in every size of business
- Acquire a flexibility suitable for a wide range of roles in global management, from operations to strategy.
All of our MSc courses start with two compulsory induction weeks which include relevant refresher courses, an introduction to the careers services and the annual careers fair.