Graduate Software Engineer
As a market-leading specialist in digital, critical software and outsourcing, we never stand still. So, you won’t either! At Civica, every day is different. From new faces and experiences, to opportunities and challenges, it’s our people and culture that makes us different. After all, our growth and success over the last 18 years hasn’t been coincidental. It’s been down to us attracting, recruiting and retaining, fresh thinking individuals with a passion to make a difference. Individuals just like YOU!
Our technology is used all over the country and touches the very depths of cyberspace in a multitude of industries – so when you join our team, the sky’s definitely not the limit.
You’ll go through our induction programme, before being assigned to a project team. As you progress up the ranks, you’ll follow a comprehensive learning and development programme. Your software engineering training will be supplemented by courses in languages, tools, technology, leadership and project management skills. You’ll also get regular mentoring from more experienced colleagues.
So, what does a software engineer do?
- Produce high-quality code for web applications and services
- Test your code and others’ code
- Write documentation
- Collaborate closely with clients and colleagues to produce robust and easy to use software which delights the user
- Continuously develop own skills and knowledge, and shares this with the rest of the community
The secret to your success
- Passion. That’s our secret. We only employ the most talented, qualified and creative graduates, all of whom exhibit professionalism, consistency and integrity in everything they do. We promise that the only career limitation will be your own ambition!
- Commitment. Our people and their commitment to do well for customers, colleagues and communities, is a defining characteristic of Civica.
- Excellent communication skills, a proven ability to work as a team and great interpersonal skills count. We’ll also be looking for you to be self-motivated and work on your own initiative. At Civica we embrace diversity and appreciate individuality, so don’t forget to tell us about your passions and adventures!
- Any degree considered, an interest in design or analysis would be beneficial (minimum grade 2:2)
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent
- A flair for solving complex technical issues
- An interest in bridging the gap between technology and business
As clichéd as it may sound, you’re our future, our differentiator and our greatest asset, so rest assured that we’ll reward you accordingly. Here’s what you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- Regular performance reviews and 1:1s
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Critical Illness cover from your first day of employment (£25,000)
You’ll also receive a competitive, flexible benefits package which includes private healthcare cover, cycle to work scheme, Tastecard and more. Plus 25 days holiday per annum plus a ‘Donate a day’ to support a charity of your choice.