Graduate Construction Manager
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
We are delighted to bring to market three Graduate Construction Manager opportunities, to join our prestigious UK Power Networks contract.
Our Construction Managers are critical to achieving our vision of delivering smarter, greener infrastructure brilliantly and you will play a key role in helping us to achieve our goal of reducing our carbon footprint 50% by 2025.
We can offer you a comprehensive two year programme, supported by an experienced mentor, who will help you to develop your technical competence and soft skills such as critical thinking, decision making, collaboration and effective negotiation.
You'll learn how to
- Select the safest and most efficient methods of construction, that achieve all operational and commercial targets
- Understand the meaning and allocation of the Target Cost alignment to the CU budget
- Identify, assess and mitigate HSE and financial risks and then develop contingency plans
- Proactively motivate and develop teams, encouraging good communication and teamwork
- Ensure all operational staff have the appropriate competencies to be able to carry out their activities
- Ensure working RAMS are performed correctly and daily briefings are carried out
- Prioritise your workload to meet deadlines without comprising quality and safety standards
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with, clients, suppliers, councils, staff and members of the public
Can I apply?
If you are Degree educated in an engineering discipline such as Civil, Construction, Mechanical or Electrical, enjoy finding solutions to problems and have great communication skills the answer is most likely Yes!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.