The New Markets is a key team collaborating with several different departments within Close Brothers Premium Finance and is responsible for the product, proposition and marketing functions within Close Brothers Premium Finance. It is also the department that leads the strategy of Close Brothers Premium Finance, continuing to deliver sustainable growth and great customer outcomes.
What will I be doing?
The graduate will be based and work for the Premium Division only.
Throughout the programme the graduate will be involved in the continued development of the business strategy. Including:
- Utilise established market insight models such as SWOT, BCG Matrix, Porters 5 forces (not exhaustive) to uncover insights and identify opportunities within our market place
- Develop an understanding of how our distribution model operates and how our product & proposition can be leveraged to create new opportunities
- Develop a reporting suite to provide Executive Directors and the wider business with market insights to inform strategic decision making
- Develop and apply performance measurement metrics to qualify the impact of our product, proposition & service levels on our business, brokers & customer
Key Behaviours and skills
- The graduate will need to be resourceful in identifying solutions and different alternatives and ways of looking at issues and problems. They must demonstrate logical thinking when posed with an issue and use their knowledge, and networks, to find solutions.
- The ability to gather and understand information to ensure the requirements of the customer are met and the business is well informed is essential with a resilient and flexible approach to new topics and a regularly changing workload
- The graduate must be confident to establish good working relationships and relate well to people at all levels whilst utilising the skills and expertise of the teams to deliver excellent customer service and achieve business goals.
- The pace within the business is fast and the graduate will need to deal with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents and work productively in a pressurised environment.
- Rapidly learning new tasks and quickly committing information to memory is essential; as is the ability to develop their own capability to ensure their knowledge and expertise is expanding.
- They must also be able to communicate clearly and effectively with strong influencing skills.
- Achieving excellence; striving for the best whilst continually delivering and improving excellence for customers and stakeholders is essential to be successful in this role
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills with a good practical use of Microsoft IT applications.