Back End Software Engineer Internship 2022
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow.
We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better.
We’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, seeks internship-level Infrastructure and Operations candidates to help build and maintain applications supporting our global electronic trading marketplace. This is rotational internship which will allow exposure to several different development teams within Technology.
- Participate in system design discussions
- Participating in requirements gathering and analysis
- Writing high quality code that satisfies customer requirements, ensuring code standards and quality are adhered to
- Ensuring system performs under required load to pre-defined standards of performance, availability, and reliability (e.g. through high quality system design, and developing automated tests and instrumentation to certify system performance, identify bottlenecks, and isolate root cause of outliers)
- Identifying opportunities for refactoring of code for improvement and working with team members to implement
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Happy to take personal responsibility and be accountable for outcomes
- Proven communication, analysis and problem solving skills
- Customer focused with a talent for building excellent working relationships with business and technical stakeholders
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and effective prioritization of workload
- 2 Years University in Computer Science or equivalent
- Coding experience with Java or other comparable object-oriented language
- Experience in working with AGILE methodologies
- Basic systems knowledge (Linux/Windows), hardware platforms, and resources - CPU, memory