Desktop Support Industrial Placement 2022
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small.
Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better.
We’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The Desktop Support team is looking for motivated and talented students to join our team. We implement and support end user devices for all staff across the Belfast office and beyond. We utilise remote and in person support methods providing a terrific opportunity to meet staff across all levels of the CME business.
Principal team accountabilities
- Provide desk side support to all CME staff, ensuring hardware incidents beyond break/fix and desktop application support incidents are completed within standard SLA's
- Involvement in hardware-based projects (including department moves and hardware refreshes)
- Provides administrative functions, including writing procedural and technical documentation, inventory control, and asset tracking
- Currently undertaking a degree or have graduated on a STEM related course. Computer science or maths would be preferred.
- Looking to undertake a year long placement in our Belfast office
Qualities we are interested in:
- Ability to work in a demanding and busy working environment
- Exhibits quick learning by mastering new business, technical and process-oriented concepts
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Strong communication skills (all forms)
- Windows 7/10 and Apple MAC working knowledge
- Prepared to self-learn about new technologies