Graduate Software Testing Engineer 2022
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small.
Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better.
We’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
Are you a recent STEM / Computer Science grad looking for structured development, a career with numerous avenues and an environment in which you can thrive? Perhaps you’re not getting this in your current role? CME Group are looking for bright graduates, who are problem solvers, to join us this winter, with bespoke and structured CME Test engineering development menotring. We’re looking for critical thinkers and creative problem solvers who want to take their software engineering skills to the next level.
Our test engineering and software engineer in test roles provide the opportunity to innovate, design, build and implement enterprise quality automation solutions and practises that power how our application teams deliver quality software at speed and scale. The roles provide opportunities to experiment with and implement a wide variety of new technologies and tools placing you, as a test engineer, at the forefront of technology development. By developing these highly sought after skills, you’ll be able to fast track your career in an area in high demand.
The kinds of experience these roles cover includes automated functional testing solutions, automated performance test solutions, automated resiliency testing solutions (aka chaos engineering), as well as a range of unique tools and solutions for testing code quality. All while using a suite of modern agile & “DevTestOps” engineering practises and patterns like example mapping, pair programming (to name a few) that help teams and individuals collaborate closely and deliver with impact, scale and discipline.
Our test engineering training is a training pathway to one of those roles, where we will provide a structured syllabus of on the job and classroom based training, which covers:
- Foundations in classic software testing techniques and approaches
- Hands on & bespoke programming courses covering subjects like automated mutation testing, property based testing, micro performance testing, contract testing & more.
- Foundations in agile engineering techniques & devOps
- Exposure to working on variety of engineering teams building cloud native applications, data streaming micro service architectures, low latency mission critical apps, and much more, using modern industry tech stacks and platforms like Springboot, .Net Core, python, Kubernetes, Kafka, AWS and GCP
Our expectation is participants would go through this development for 6 months at the end of which you will progress within CME Group with a set of experience and skill which has you ready to take on any of the engineering challenges our teams work to solve day to day for our customers.
- Hold a 2:2 or higher degree in computer science
- Or, an MSc in software development
- Or, a 2:2 or higher degree in a relevant STEM subject e.g. electrical engineering, maths, physics but with a demonstrable interest in software engineering
Test engineering is a discipline that is at the heart of how we deliver solutions to our global customers. It is a skillset and mindset we look for all our best engineers to put in practise with every line of code they write. Come and join us!