Newly Qualified Family Law Solicitor Manchester 2021
We’re looking for highly motivated family law solicitors to join our growing family department. At Co-op Legal Services (CLS) we’re known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and our commitment to all our customers and colleagues. It’s an exciting time to join us, and we’re moving from strength to strength. In 2019, our family department were awarded 'Excellence in Technology & Innovation' at the Law Society Excellence Awards; and it doesn’t stop there - we’ve got exciting plans for the future.
As an associate family law solicitor, you’ll manage a caseload, dealing with anything from fixed-fee divorces to complex financial disputes. As we’re a nationwide firm, we also have the opportunity for you to work on a wide variety of high net worth and complex cases. If you have the knowledge and experience that we need, then we can offer you the opportunity to gain valuable exposure across our legal business, and to help our clients achieve positive outcomes at a time when they often need it most.
What you’ll do
- engage with your clients, providing valuable legal advice over the phone, and via written communication
- manage a mixed caseload of family matters, undertaking active negotiation and mediation to get the best results for your clients
- make sure revenue targets are consistently met
- draft and audit legal documents and correspondence
- continually develop your legal knowledge in all areas of family law, keeping up to date with appropriate protocols and court practices in order to provide best in class legal advice and assistance
- work collaboratively with the team through knowledge sharing, and supporting more junior members of the team
This role would suit people who have
- qualified as solicitor
- experience in family law with knowledge of divorce, separation, financial settlements, cohabitation and children law
- the ability to use case management systems
- great relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with all kinds of people
- a high level of attention to detail and great organisational skills
- a passion for providing excellent customer service
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.