Digital Engineering Graduate Programme
Are you a graduate interested in creating industry leading digital enterprise applications that will help our clients grow their business?
Our Digital Engineering practice is responsible for helping our clients leverage next generation software in order to engage customers more directly, easily and precisely by developing production ready applications at record speed. Cloud technology gives Biz-IT teams unfettered access to host of technology to build and modernize core IT applications faster. We leverage cloud technologies, seamlessly marrying it with human insights & behaviors to develop solutions that not only uncover consumers wants and desires today, but also predict their behavior and requirements in the future.
As a Graduate in Digital Engineering, you will be responsible for using modern software development techniques to develop and refine apps which meet customers’ needs. Typical day to day responsibilities will include the below:
- Building and deploying modern software using techniques such as DDD, TDD, CI/CD
- Design and implement event driven cloud native microservices architecture using CloudFoundry
- Design and implement fault tolerant microservices using Spring boot and Spring cloud – service versioning, reuse, discovery, configuration, security, monitoring
- Working with document based NoSQL database systems – MarkLogic
- Working with log based messaging solutions - Kafka
- Applying domain driven design techniques such as event storming, event shunting
- End to end solution delivery, responsible for designing solutions, writing code, tests cases, executing test cases, automating build, test and deployment, environment provisioning and configuration
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and architecture teams
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Owners to help define and shape deliverables, provide estimates, highlight technical risks and determine technical solutions
- Ensure focussed understanding of key areas of the product and related technologies within the team
- Help promote innovation, best in class execution and exploration of new ideas as a culture
- Liaise with operations for technical analysis of the issues
- Collaborate with other technology and product teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Active participation in the Agile ceremonies and contribute to the overall functioning of self-organised, empowered, high performance team
- Research, learn new methodologies and technologies and implement them in the project to continuously improve and optimize design, code, build, deploy, test lifecycle
- Collaborate and actively contribute in discussions to help define technology and development approach within the team
Training, Support and Coaching
- Prior to starting your client engagement you will attend a full Induction and Training Program for graduates where you will learn everything about Software Development .
- Throughout your first 18 months we will monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support to help you achieve your long-term career goals. In addition to your day to day project manager, we'll assign a mentor to ensure all the help and support you need to start your career on the best footing.
- As soon as we can we will assign you to a client engagement in the UK to work with experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions as we would like to ensure that you get practical working experience from the beginning.
- We work with the best of the best - a representative client list is available on our website - and offer a highly competitive basic salary + additional benefits.
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science with strong coding experience.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Completed an internship or 12-18 months work experience as a software developer
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A flexible approach to location – our graduates work throughout the UK, often on client site for 6-12 months at a time
- Candidates must have the ability to work and travel in the UK and Europe without restriction.
- A career in one of the largest and fastest growing IT services providers worldwide
- A comprehensive training program
- A challenging international environment
- Opportunity to work for the large multinationals and other leading companies