Graduate Bid Writer Leeds 2021
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas Talent Programme Overview
The Colas Graduate programme is a two- or three-year structured development programme designed to ensure graduates gain the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to make the transition from academic life to business life. We have specially designed the programme to expose the graduates to a wide range of opportunities and experiences, allowing them to gather the needed attributes to qualify for membership of the professional body for their chosen profession, whilst adding operational value to the business and its strategic aims.
About the Role
To be part of a Bidding Team in assisting with the preparation and completion of prequalification and tender submissions as required. Key tasks include client research, document reviews, answer planning, storyboarding, quality submission construction, and taking review feedback on board to ensure continuous improvement.
- To support Senior Bid Writers, Bid Writers, and Solution Leads as directed and produce well-structured written responses to Clients’ requirements and agreed company solutions.
- To liaise and work closely with operational business units and the wider Colas Group in developing and completing written responses for bids.
- To carry out relevant research and liaise with appropriate departments and specialists to obtain relevant information/details to allow written solutions to be developed and considered.
- To provide appropriate inputs to prequalification and tender submissions as directed.
- To attend storyboard sessions, reviews, and lessons learnt meeting as required.
- To provide support for the development and maintenance of a Knowledge Bank.
- To support Bidding Apprentices with technical advice and input.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision and Mission.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that visibly underpins the company’s values and beliefs.
- Challenging existing protocols and practices where appropriate contributing to continual improvement for the success of tenders and overall company performance.
- To demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post
- To ensure all issues and relevant information that is communicated is considered in developing and completing written solutions.
- To ensure written responses for prequalification and tender submissions are completed in a timely manner and that they are in accordance with agreed deliverables.
- To generate written responses that are completed to a high acceptable standard and are compliant, clear and customer focussed.
- To provide inputs to the lessons learnt process from involvement with previous submissions.
We are looking for a flexible and motivated graduate who has a genuine passion for Bid Writing, and has a desire to develop their existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance their personal and team capabilities.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in English, Journalism, History or Law
- A full, clean UK driving licence
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within an integrated team working environment.
- Ability to research and interpret information.
- IT competent.
- Graphic design skills would be desirable
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Flexible working attitude.
- Able to travel and work away from home as and when required.
- Enthusiastic approach to continual development.
- Willingness to act as a One Planet Champion contributing to environmental and social value outcomes, we will provide access to training and support to do so
Salary & Benefits
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
As part of our recruitment process for our new 2021 Talent programme at Colas, we want to learn more about you! Please can you provide answers to the following two questions, along with your CV and covering letter and send to our Recruitment team at Careers@Colas.co.uk
Tell us about a time you've demonstrated excellent team work skills - what part did you play and what did you achieve as a team as a result?
Tell us about something you have personally achieved that you are particularly proud of
Once your application has been submitted, a member of the recruitment team will be in touch to discuss next steps and tell you more about our brand new talent programme!