Prescription Diet Marketing Internship 2021
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people and their pets? What about having the opportunity to connect with others across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions?
If this is how you see your career, Hill’s is the place to be!
Hill’s Pet Nutrition is a $2.3 Billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets by providing the best leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products, and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
Why Work For Hill's Pet Nutrition
- The learning & development opportunities: You will refine your commercial mind-set and continue to learn new skills working closely with a cross-functional team giving you exposure to all local market departments.
- The challenge & variety: You will operate in a fast paced operational environment, directly impacting the day-to-day performance of the business, with personal accountability for your business.
- The global experience: You will have the opportunity to work with global brands, participate in global strategies with potential to develop your career internationally.
- The Hill's Pet Nutrition Values: To help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
Internship position to support Hill’s UK and Ireland Prescription Diet senior brand manager to drive brand awareness and pet owner education. Key projects will include supporting new product launches, in-clinic & online marketing communication execution and managing Hill’s presence at Vet shows
- Support marketing team with new product launches & brand activities for in-clinic and online execution
- Lead creation of trade and consumer advertising with agency
- Manage branded paid social campaigns and asset creation
- Create customer new line forms to ensure accurate product listings
- Maintain up to date vet channel price lists
- Manage internal databases systems and keep updated with new product details
- Maintain up to date online content for Prescription Diet across all Hill’s websites and eComm retailer sites
- Collate monthly category performance report for Prescription Diet
- Support all aspects of vet show organisation including stand design and point of sales materials
- Work with social media agency to deliver pre, during and post show campaign with strong brand exposure
- Weekly tracking of competitor brand websites and e-Commerce retailer sites
- Quarterly clinic visits
- Create monthly report to capture competitor activity, promotions, packaging changes and key news pieces
Managing point of sale
- Manage stock in point of sale warehouse and regular updates to field sales team on availability
- Manage field sales team usage with sales aids to drive opportunities
- Update field sales team at monthly meetings
In priority order:
- Communicate Effectively
- Planning & Priority setting
- Analytical/Decision Making
- Consumer/Customer Focus
- Interest in brand marketing
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong personal creativity
- Competent in Excel & PowerPoint
- Impeccable communication skills
- Ability to work as part of team as well as on own initiative
- Creative thinker
- Achieve results through appropriate setting of priorities, planning and organisation
- Effective interpersonal style, including the ability to communicate effectively with both internal & external agencies / customers
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, proactive with a “can do” attitude
- May be required to visit customers or attend events across the UK with the marketing team